trouble downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauliemole

Can any one help me? I am not very tech savvy, I have just purchased a GRE PSR-400 and I am using the ARP300 software on my computer, I am unable to download the the information from my computer to the scanner :( . Do all the banks on my scanner have to be blank prior to attempting to download? I programed some Fx. to the scanner manually prior to getting the software. I hope someone can help. Thanks

Tweekerbob

Check to make sure you are using the right cable The correct cable is listed under system requirements here for your model of scanner.

If all of that is ok, then try contacting butel directly for tech support.

Pauliemole

Thank You

I solved the problem, I had a setting on the download ( Cable ) wrong. Now I am having trouble getting the Scanner to recieve Trunk Channels. Ill play with it some more. Do you know anything about the GRE PSR-400 Scanner and the ARC300 software?, May be you can help me? Thanks again for your response.
Paulie

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's very important that you install the USB cable first, before trying to do anything else. This article from our wiki discusses the procedure, and how to get to Device Manager (the key to seeing whether you actually have anything installed yet or not - note that anything in blue is a link)

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

73 (best regards) Mike

Pauliemole

I have the scannsr all hooked up

Thank you for your reply, I have installed the cable drivers and the downloads are working fine. Now figureing out how to properly program the trunk Fx.
Paulie

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What system are you trying to use? Go to the Database link in the blue toolbar under the site logo and use the pulldowns. Supply the URL of the system you want.

Note that the PSR-400 will not handle anything that's digital - that is to say, if you see any talkgroups marked with a D (Digital) or E (encrypted; no scanner can hear that) in the Mode column. 73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I was referring to the PSR-400 which is what the OT is using; the PSR-600 certainly will handle P25 digital. They're 2 completely different animals; please don't confuse the thread

73 Mike

Pauliemole

Thanks

I have programed the PSR-400 with the proper cable and software, Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the Talk group tags to display when it stops on a Fx. I can hear the talk groups but the Primary & Alternate Control tags display

Status
Not open for further replies.