Trumbull County, Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I was mobile and running across Rt. 82 today a couple times from Exit 209 off the Ohio Turnpike to Farrell, Pa. While going across the By-Pass from East Market Street out to about West Market Street Exit I was picking up 151.8650 with a PL Tone of 107.2 which was some type of school bus service. I have done an FCC search and came up with "Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQBB407 - WARREN TRUMBULL COMMUNITY SERVICE AGENCY" as a possible hit. The antenna location looks like it is at a high school in Warren. I first picked this up using "Close Call" on my 396XT.
If anyone in Warren could monitor this freq. with the PL Tone and figure out who I am listen to let me know. Then it can be posted in the database.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
It has been a few years since I lived in the area, but I know this frequency was used heavily by Rural Metro EMS for their ambulette service (non-emergency transports) when I was there. This channel is currently listed in the database, but using CSQ. Maybe it is actually 107.2.

No sir that is not what I was listening to. I looked it up in the database before I posted my post. I was hearing stuff like "I am done with my morning route and starting my afternoon route" and "I am being held up by an accident and need permission to back my bus up so I can get to my next stop on time". I believe what I was hearing was a school bus. I will continue to listen as I drive the same route a few times every couple days. But any and all ideas are a help. Thanks!

This is the original PUCO authorization for a motor carrier permit for the Warren-Trumbull Community Service Agency to contract with CSX transportation services for:

"Transportation of passengers and their baggage in the same vehicle, on a "call and demand" basis, between points in northeastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, under a continuing contract with CSX Transportation, Home Office in Livonia, Michigan. Origin points: Trumbull County: Warren, Ohio, Lordstown, Ohio, Niles, Ohio and Newton Falls, Ohio."

CSX operates the transportation services for them and WTCSA provides the radio frequency for them to coordinate the operation.

I don't see what this has to do with my original posting? So could you please break this down and explain your point? CSX? I don't see what they have to do with school bus service. Point me in the direction of the mentioned frequency I was listening to. Your link has nothing to do with much of anything I am trying to figure out. But thanks for the help anyways. I think I will keep listening for awhile and with that being said I think I will pretty much narrow it down to who I am listening to. And if I don't someone else will....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.