TRX-1 Programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am playing around with the Whistler TRX-1 software. I created a V folder with multiple scan lists but it seems to stop loading after a total of 300 objects. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong ?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You don't name the software. Are you using EZ Scan (the version that's specific for the TRX-1)?

Ubbe

I've not heard of any other software available as Whistler doesn't give any info of how they encrypt their files or any other workings of their programming software.

Is it stopping after around 300 objects when programming the scanner? What does the display say and the sofware? It just stops and there's no additional info? I would check the SD card as Whistler seems to trash the files system at a regular basis. Just reformat it in your PC and program while the SD card are in the PC and then move the SD card to the scanner. You have good use of a $5 SD card interface when you have a Whistler scanner.

/Ubbe

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just to back up what Ubbe said look at your SD card also I have seen it take several minutes on my TRX's some times it will pause for almost what seems like a minute before it continues writing to the scanner. As posted below I have seen this with my GRE built PRO-18 and PRO-668.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The pauses have been present since GRE was making the radios and software. It used to be worse. The best way is to send data is to remove the SD card froim the radio and use an USB adapter plugged into the computer. It is much faster and rarely hangs up.

It is stopping at 300 objects when I am loading them on my computer before I write it to the SD card or scanner.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the latest version of EZSCAN? there were 2 updates to ezscan last week.

Ubbe

It is stopping at 300 objects when I am loading them on my computer before I write it to the SD card or scanner.
How do you load them? From Whistlers database or from a saved file locally or any other way?

(never mind, I noticed it was a V scanner folder.)

So you entered all the programming for the V folder and saved it successfully and when you load it it stops to load after a short while?
I've had numerous out of memory address faults with EZ-Scan and I had to lock out one system at a time to find out which system where the problem and then keep that locked out and create a new system. If I only deleted that system the problem came back as if it was a special memory position that had a problem and would be reused if a system where deleted.

/Ubbe

Last edited:
When I am loading the objects from the library import to my scan lists on the software it will stop saving them after 300 objects in the scan lists.

Scan list 1 has 167 objects
Scan list 2 has 133 objects

I will try and put more objects in scan list 3 and it will say import successful but they do not appear in the software under scan list 3. I have tried 2 different computers and downloaded the most recent software and still no luck.

Is this a trial version ? do I have to register ?

DJ11DLN

When I am loading the objects from the library import to my scan lists on the software it will stop saving them after 300 objects in the scan lists.

Scan list 1 has 167 objects
Scan list 2 has 133 objects

I will try and put more objects in scan list 3 and it will say import successful but they do not appear in the software under scan list 3. I have tried 2 different computers and downloaded the most recent software and still no luck.

Is this a trial version ? do I have to register ?
The only part of this I can answer is the last. No, you do not need a Premium Membership, RRDB support is included wtih the E-Z Scan software.

Unfortunately I haven't encountered what you are experiencing so I can't be of any further help, sorry.

Ubbe

Delete a couple of objects from scanlist 1 and 2 and see what happens then when you import from library to scanlist 3. If it manages to put some objects in scanlist 3 and all objects seems to add up to 300, then it must be some strange things with EZ-Scan latest version. But if it then still imports to scanlist 3 and no objects are seen then it would be even more strange. And the scanner are not involved at all at this stage?

/Ubbe

I finally figured it out. The Ontario Provincial Police (State Police for my American friends) transmit off different towers in different geographic areas so I wanted to put the different towers in different scan lists but for some reason the default settings would not let me do this. The only way I could do that was in import options was to select "merge scan lists" dont know if that is the correct way to do it but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.