TRX 1 Software Programming Troubles.

lanemls

I've been trying to reinstall the TRX 1 Software on my Win 11 laptop. All I've been getting is "gibberish" alpha-numerical-etc characters on the display interface, making my scanner updating impossible. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Michael.

Swipesy

I've been trying to reinstall the TRX 1 Software on my Win 11 laptop. All I've been getting is "gibberish" alpha-numerical-etc characters on the display interface, making my scanner updating impossible. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Michael.
My experience with your kind of issue with Whistler 1080 on Windows 10 is to start from scratch.
1. Let Windows uninstall ( if it shows) the EzScan and any Trx files (do not have radio plugged into laptop)
2. Manually delete the directory for and Whistler, EzScan, TRx. (Be sure you backup database file because you can't download from Whistler).
3. If you know what your doing (don't try this if you don't) is search the Regisrty with RegEdit for all entries for Whistler, Trx and Ezscan and delete them.
4. Reboot Laptop
5. Plug radio into Laptop and let windows find a new device.
6. Install EZScan from Whistler stand alone file.
7. Manually install database file you backed up,

lanemls

My experience with your kind of issue with Whistler 1080 on Windows 10 is to start from scratch.
1. Let Windows uninstall ( if it shows) the EzScan and any Trx files (do not have radio plugged into laptop)
2. Manually delete the directory for and Whistler, EzScan, TRx. (Be sure you backup database file because you can't download from Whistler).
3. If you know what your doing (don't try this if you don't) is search the Regisrty with RegEdit for all entries for Whistler, Trx and Ezscan and delete them.
4. Reboot Laptop
5. Plug radio into Laptop and let windows find a new device.
6. Install EZScan from Whistler stand alone file.
7. Manually install database file you backed up,
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, after several attempts, I get the same issue, with the message window...Access Violation At 009A2D2F.....

Swipesy

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, after several attempts, I get the same issue, with the message window...Access Violation At 009A2D2F.....
That is a Registry issue that Whistler install has left an entry somewhere in your Registry.. You may want to download the Free Glary Utilities and run its registry cleaner to see it finds the problem entry. When I had that issue, John at Whistler Customer Support had me go through the steps I outlined above and it solved the problem. Make sure all traces of Whistler are gone from your harddrive and make sure you use a fresh copy of Install standalone from WhistlerGroup's website.

Attachments

• Glary.jpg
    Glary.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 5