TRX-1: What are 'reserved' scanlists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
On my TRX-1 (and my previous PSR800) I understand that scanlists 151-181 are set aside for database downloads to be sorted by category when I, for example, call up data by zip code. I understand that if I try to use them for my own purposes, I risk having them be invaded by something I download while in the field.

But scanlists 182-200 are marked 'Reserved', and I don't know what they're reserved for. Are they being set aside for additional categories (like in 151-181) that might be added in the future? Are they being held in reserve for something else?

I'm more into my custom programming, but I want to organize the radio so that I'm avoiding scanlists that might later be invaded by a library import in the field.

Can anyone clarify the meaning/purpose of 'reserve' scanlists?

Thanks

73/Allen (N4JRI)

troymail

Silent Key
On my TRX-1 (and my previous PSR800) I understand that scanlists 151-181 are set aside for database downloads to be sorted by category when I, for example, call up data by zip code. I understand that if I try to use them for my own purposes, I risk having them be invaded by something I download while in the field.

But scanlists 182-200 are marked 'Reserved', and I don't know what they're reserved for. Are they being set aside for additional categories (like in 151-181) that might be added in the future? Are they being held in reserve for something else?

I'm more into my custom programming, but I want to organize the radio so that I'm avoiding scanlists that might later be invaded by a library import in the field.

Can anyone clarify the meaning/purpose of 'reserve' scanlists?

Thanks

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I believe those are reserved for just as you surmised - for future (potential) expansion.

Even marked reserved, you can still use them and, to my knowledge, if the were to get a real label later, your programming would still be there (won't get deleted or overwritten). Of course, in "Location" mode, they'll still have the name reserved which could make it a slight problem (with the labels but not functionally)

On the other hand, if you aren't using Location based imports/scanning, you could just turn that off and then you have all 200 scanlists to work with (and label).

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'm trying to work within the system as well as I can, since sometimes you don't have time to plan for where you're going. But I do a lot of scanlists that actually function as service searches, so it's nice to know that--for the time being--I can use 182-200 without getting everything confused.

Am hoping that my boilerplate-based v-scanners, and all this Home Patrol type technology can coexist in peace. Geez, I'm grateful that they're finally doing keypads again, LOL!

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.