Tuscarawas County MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszabo2000

Work in progressing slowly on the infrastructure. Heard there are some structural issues with a few sites. Be patient, it’ll happen.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Looking forward to seeing if it is as strong a Stark Simulcast and if I can receive it up here. Stark can be picked up way down in Carroll County.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Jan 4 article: Tuscarawas County, Ohio’s New Radio System Slated for March

That's the last thing I could find online about it. Couldn't find anything new in Tusco Co Commisioner board minutes.

We'll just have to keep searching around. We can't just look at existing MARCS sites and look for a new neighbor, since before they go live they may have no desire to have traffic hopping onto the system while testing. For all we know, there could be something online using some obscure frequencies that we aren't looking at.

I'm going to point the beam that direction tomorrow and start getting serious about watching, even though its been four months and at this rate we have no clue when it is going to happen.

The only we'll really know is to meticulously watch 770-775 and 850-860 and look for any new P25 sites.

Then again, we need to keep in mind that the existing Tusco MARCS sites used to be 3-24, 3-25, 3-26 and 3-27 until sometime last year 3-25 (stone creek) was changed to 3-84. So, does that mean that the new simulcast, when online, will be 3-25 ? Hmm, maybe. Or maybe one of the existing sites that are already online will simply turnn into a simulcast (and you wouldn't know it because you would be looking for some completely new site ID).

Mike

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Jan 4 article: Tuscarawas County, Ohio’s New Radio System Slated for March

That's the last thing I could find online about it. Couldn't find anything new in Tusco Co Commisioner board minutes.

We'll just have to keep searching around. We can't just look at existing MARCS sites and look for a new neighbor, since before they go live they may have no desire to have traffic hopping onto the system while testing. For all we know, there could be something online using some obscure frequencies that we aren't looking at.

I'm going to point the beam that direction tomorrow and start getting serious about watching, even though its been four months and at this rate we have no clue when it is going to happen.

The only we'll really know is to meticulously watch 770-775 and 850-860 and look for any new P25 sites.

Then again, we need to keep in mind that the existing Tusco MARCS sites used to be 3-24, 3-25, 3-26 and 3-27 until sometime last year 3-25 (stone creek) was changed to 3-84. So, does that mean that the new simulcast, when online, will be 3-25 ? Hmm, maybe. Or maybe one of the existing sites that are already online will simply turnn into a simulcast (and you wouldn't know it because you would be looking for some completely new site ID).

Mike
Mike,

I have been cheeking Deersville every for new Peers and Josh has been checking Port Washington also. I did try this morning to decode new Philly with no luck. Maybe something soon....

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Although Mike (mszabo) may not be an official source for Tuscarawas Co, he's a guy in the know. I think it's safe to trust his input, perhaps even more than if it were coming from somebody at Tusco 911 or the radio shop involved over there. They are the ones who would be more likely to lead us astray lol.

Thanks, Mike.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Rgr that. I scour through the commissioner board minutes quite often, and not a hint of any of has been mentioned there. I haven't checked in about a week, but any board minutes older than that have no discussion. One would think the commissioners meetings would contain some discussions about it.

Mike

mszabo2000

A project of this size will hit a speed bump or two or three so delays should be expected. As I understand it, one or more towers are not passing structural analysis. Until that’s corrected new antenna systems can’t be installed. Connectivity to the sites is still an open issue. I’m sure in time these will be resolved and the project completed.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
A project of this size will hit a speed bump or two or three so delays should be expected. As I understand it, one or more towers are not passing structural analysis. Until that’s corrected new antenna systems can’t be installed. Connectivity to the sites is still an open issue. I’m sure in time these will be resolved and the project completed.

Thank you so much for the update that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.