UASD Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

horgand1

Hi! I'm new to the scanner world and having trouble adding a new group to my scanner using the Uniden software. I'm trying to program a BCD396T.

I loaded the software to my laptop, installed the registration key, connected the scanner with the serial cable and was able to communicate with the scanner. I selected the database view, selected new, and created a new group for the Oxford Ohio Public Safety Dept. Saved the group, and the group appeared on the database side.

Now I want to transfer that new group to my scanner. When I select "Write to Scanner", the window pop's up and on the right side under write options, a list shows up with all my groups but does not show my new group that I created. How can I add my new group to the scanner. Thanks in advance for anyone who has suggestions.

Dan

delta_p

Go into the scanner configuration your trying to write to scanner and make sure your Oxford system has been added from system database to the scanner configuration your wanting to write to scanner. Should be under the system tab. If not, add it from database then re-write the config to scanner.

PP

andy404ns

delta_p said:
Go into the scanner configuration your trying to write to scanner and make sure your Oxford system has been added from system database to the scanner configuration your wanting to write to scanner. Should be under the system tab. If not, add it from database then re-write the config to scanner.

PP

good call. did you understand that hogrand1?

Airdorn

When you edit/add/delete sites in USAD, you are editing the database on your computer.

Then, once everything is the way you want it in your database, you have to go into the configuration editor under the "systems" tab and move specific sites from your database (right window), to the scanner's memory (left pane).

Then go to 'write to scanner' and the new site should be in the list on the right. Upload to scanner, and everything that you had in that left pane in the configuration menu should go to your scanner.

horgand1

Thank you for the responses. That took care of the problem. I read the help file for the software and could not figure out what the next step was. I enjoy listening to the scanner and the ability to add systems as the need arises.

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.