ProScan: UID Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
I've searched on this, but only found one similar question here with no response:

Running an SDS200 and I have the Detail Display Mode turned on, so UID is always shown on the display but after several weeks ProScan hasn't logged a single UID. The handful of P25 systems I monitor are all currently programmed as Conventional. Is that why UIDs aren't being logged, or am I just missing something else?

Thanks!

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
Disable Grid Logging, under UID Grid, is unchecked.

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
I did install the newest version this morning. No change.

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
That's sort of what I was expecting the answer to be. It's just weird that that should be necessary for ProScan to scrape - since it's in the data stream and on the display regardless...

Just means I have to do a bunch of reprogramming of the scanner, or go without, I guess.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's sort of what I was expecting the answer to be. It's just weird that that should be necessary for ProScan to scrape - since it's in the data stream and on the display regardless...

Just means I have to do a bunch of reprogramming of the scanner, or go without, I guess.

If it's in the datastream then ProScan should log it. I'll take a quick look at this before the next release.
What changed in the last "several weeks"?

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
If it's in the datastream then ProScan should log it. I'll take a quick look at this before the next release.
What changed in the last "several weeks"?
Nothing changed - that's how long I've had the scanner and ProScan. It has never worked for me. To be honest I never paid much attention to it until recently. Incidentally, it's the same with the TGID as well.

I'm happy to assist you in any way I can.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Nothing changed - that's how long I've had the scanner and ProScan. It has never worked for me. To be honest I never paid much attention to it until recently.

I'm happy to assist you in any way I can.
Can you post a screenshot of the display showing the UID. Same with the datastream.

fyi, I use ProScan to log UID's.

I update the UID Lookup.txt file on the fly and save it. It's the only way I have been able to retain the UID's.

For example:

1801814 LOGTEXT=1258
1805053 LOGTEXT=1178-P
1806746 LOGTEXT=152-P
1806469 LOGTEXT=863-P
1802649 LOGTEXT=357
1802363 LOGTEXT=863
1802734 LOGTEXT=773 H

W1JL

Premium Subscriber
I see the problem. The UID shows in the display but NOT in the datastream. I'll make a workaround to log the UIDs. It will be in the next release.
Ahhh, it took me a while to figure out what you meant. I didn't notice (and it didn't occur to me) that they were two different pieces of data coming from the scanner.

I wonder why they send it in the display but not the xml. I guess on display it might be aliased to something else, but one would think they'd still pass the UID rather than "UID None"... They're doing the same with the TGID.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.