SDS100/SDS200: UID Text Tags Not Working

AA5ST

Hello Group

I have a SDS100 and I’m trying to use UID numbers I have entered them
in Sentinel and uploaded to the scanner but it is NOT displaying them.
Am I missing something? Also I have the scanner display in detail mode.

Any help appreciated

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
Azle, Texas - Parker County

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Another possible cause… if you customize your display colors, make sure the background color isn’t the same as your alpha-numerics color. While this may be useful for blocking out certain parts of the display, it can also be overlooked when nothing appears in the respective block that is used for UID’s.

doc62

When I have my SDS100 side by side with my G4, the G4 always shows the UID, but the SDS100 does not always show them.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 and I’m trying to use UID numbers I have entered them
in Sentinel and uploaded to the scanner but it is NOT displaying them.
Am I missing something? Also I have the scanner display in detail mode.

Follow the steps here where another user was looking for the display to display site id. Same steps, just choose detail trunk, instead of Search/CC mode.

And when you get to it, choose UID and or UID Name, instead of site id.

When I have my SDS100 side by side with my G4, the G4 always shows the UID, but the SDS100 does not always show them.

My 436 and 200 do the same. They are either not fast enough (all the time) or decoding at that time is not that stellar.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Follow the steps here where another user was looking for the display to display site id. Same steps, just choose detail trunk, instead of Search/CC mode.

And when you get to it, choose UID and or UID Name, instead of site id.

My 436 and 200 do the same. They are either not fast enough (all the time) or decoding at that time is not that stellar.
Are you on the new FW? My SDS’s went from showing the UID randomly to about 99.9% of the time after I updated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
To add to this, UID w/Name can be seen in Simple Trunk. As mentioned, you have to edit a field under the Display Options. Since the 1.23 firmware versions, UID's (radio ID's) are displaying consistently.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are you on the new FW? My SDS’s went from showing the UID randomly to about 99.9% of the time after I updated.
Good catch. Was looking on a 200 with old FW that I am programming for someone that told me it was up to date.

On my 200 with the latest FW, its almost dead on with displaying rids.

Really wish it would display FQSUID's from ISSI linked systems. Rid is enabled.

1705504491889.png

1705505398666.png

Last edited: