• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G-Series Voice Pager with Digital Trunked Scanner Feature

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I may be willing to pay, based on how well it works. Why would they bother to go to all the work to create this if there is no financial benefit? Do you work for free?

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Hi Steve, I’m definitely interested in beta testing the new firmware. I have owned a Unication G5 for over two years and have assisted in providing testing and feedback to Unication in the past.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
Hi aliby19, thank you for being interested in the beta testing this time. Please note your test experience with 1-2 sentences on the application so that we can know you have the experience with the beta testing. Thank you!

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Steve, this sounds fantastic and thank you for continuing to establish a presence here. My G4 is a stellar performer and I (& many others) am excited about these new features!
Hi eorange, thank you for loving Unication products. Your support is our motivation to keep going. ;)

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Thanks Steve, please sign me up

Is there a way to PM you with the MSN and email address, or do you have an alternate email address we can send our info to?

Hello marklt1,

Only the official application is accepted. :D Here is my email address: steve_chen@uni.com.tw and just feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all. Also you can PM me on RR.

The sign-up link is here: click me

Thanks!

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
I am reading this to indicate that a link to the application is forthcoming and will be posted when it's ready. Only people that fill out the application will be considered. Is this correct? Or should I be replying with my interest to beta test as so many others have?/s
Hi Citywide173,

Correct. Only the official application is accepted. :)
The sign-up link is here: click me

Thanks!

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Well Unication just WOW!!!!
So it looks like Uniden may be getting some competition with these new upgrades. YAY. Now those that want a scanner with better quality control and higher durability have a choice. So we can now say the Unication G series is not only a pager but a scanner as well. Uniden folks ITS NOT A SCANNER!! Not anymore! :cool:
I am glad I bought a second Unication this Christmas am really enjoying them.
Tim
Hi Tim,

We're sooo glad to hear that you love Unication products! We will keep moving and provide the best products to our customers!:giggle:

Thank you!

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Just an early comment after reviewing the documentation. I would suggest the possibility of utilizing switch A3 as follows: short press for hold/release toggle; long press for nuisance delete.

The side buttons are difficult to press, and pretty much requires picking up the unit to actuate a button. If, for example, it is on a belt, it would be much quicker to use the A3 top button with one hand.
Hi mpreece,

Thanks for your comments. The hard key setting can be changed in the PPS. The user can set the function they need on the side buttons/top button.

Thanks!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Stevecch, I didn't put experience in the application, do I need to submit another request?

Also, re the short press vs long press...is that type of function already in the G series firmware, or would it require late/future recoding is needed?

Paul

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative