• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G-Series Voice Pager with Digital Trunked Scanner Feature

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
BTW Stevecch, I am the same Paul Anderegg that is on the email chain attempting to import a Unication U3 for testing...trying to finalize, but the emails stopped responding, I noticed you are CC'd on the email chain. :)

Unication U3 7/800 TDMA (can be set for RX only) BTW for others is around $1280USD.

Paul

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Stevecch, I didn't put experience in the application, do I need to submit another request?

Also, re the short press vs long press...is that type of function already in the G series firmware, or would it require late/future recoding is needed?

Paul

Hi Paul,
I think you can just revise the application and add the information to it.

Thanks,
Steve

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
BTW Stevecch, I am the same Paul Anderegg that is on the email chain attempting to import a Unication U3 for testing...trying to finalize, but the emails stopped responding, I noticed you are CC'd on the email chain. :)

Unication U3 7/800 TDMA (can be set for RX only) BTW for others is around $1280USD.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I'll tell Sandy to proceed with the U3 affair. Thank you!

Steve

blackbelter

Steve,
I noticed that some of the new features were noted as " Further upgrades", are the new firm ware enhancements comes in stages?
Thanks for your response.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Link in the first post of this thread...

Thanks, it wasn't there the last time I had read that post.

EDIT:

I didn't realize it was a separate thread

Last edited:

marklt1

Feed Provider
Hopefully the Scanner Feature mode will allow me to switch zones uninterrupted without getting bumped out of the menu system to see the current TGID. Currently, if there is radio traffic while I am switching zones, the radio traffic takes priority (as it should) in a mission critical mode and bumps me out of the screen menus. I would suggest for the Scanner mode that radio traffic shouldn't take precedence over being in the menu system, or at least give us an option to change this setting.
Also, I wouldn't necessarily need to see the volume graphics when increasing the volume. It get annoying then scanning and trying to ready the channel display.

GearJammersc

I think paying for a upgrade kinda like some of the scanners pay to upgrade for features. You shouldn't have to pay for like nuisance delete and talk group hold and scan delay that should already be in the pager to begin with.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
DMR is an open standard but if we wanted to listen to TIII systems like Connect Plus or Capacity Plus, those are proprietary to Motorola and we should pay for those since Unication would be required to pay royalties. In theory.

rimedic

Hello guys, I'm Steve from Unication. Yes, the Trunking Free Scan feature of G-Series Voice Pager is going to be in the Beta Test stage.

We're looking for G-Series Voice Pager customers who are interested in participating in a one-month Beta Testing trial of the Trunking Free Scan feature!
Unication will provide selected participants with a beta version of the Trunking Free Scan Firmware for a one-month testing period.
The beta test firmware will be registered to your G-Series device serial number for use during this trial and will not support other serial numbers.

I will also release the Beta Firmware Field Test application on this thread soon and everyone can fill out the application to have the opportunity to be our Beta Tester!
If you're the selected participants, we will inform you via the email and send you the Beta firmware.

Our engineering team is working on the final verification on the Trunking Free Scan features and it will be completed in a few days.

The link below is the information about this new feature for you to learn more:
Trunking Free Scan Feature Introduction

Please let me know your comments and share your ideas with Unication.

Thank you very much!:)

Steve
ID love the opportunity to beta test!

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
This is great news and I know a lot of us have been waiting to hear something regarding this update. Thank you for taking the time to address the community.

Last edited:

wx9kvh

I think paying for a upgrade kinda like some of the scanners pay to upgrade for features. You shouldn't have to pay for like nuisance delete and talk group hold and scan delay that should already be in the pager to begin with.

See, what 95% of the user base that are NOT using this device as it’s intended purpose fail to realize, is that they were NEVER designed to be used as a SCANNER. When you make comments like “it should have already been there”, well sir, no they shouldn’t, it tends to push companies like Unication from wanting to implement these features . Most departments that actually utilize these PAGERS, have 1 talkgroup set per knob position, you know, just like the Minitor series. Speaking of minitor, show me a minitor pager that has a hold and or nuisance delete feature. I’ll wait. My last note here, is that when there becomes a demand for these features to be designed, and then implemented into a device that were never designed for it, it takes time, and time costs money. If they were to charge a simple $25 to add ALL of the features that were listed in the flyer, I think that would be MORE than fair seeing as how they are doing something WE have all inevitably asked them to do. So, be fortunate that such a device exists, even without these features, that handles the scanners most difficult feat there has ever been, and enjoy listening.

lsh1885

25 dollars is more than reasonable and I would be more than happy to pay it. I believe a saw a post earlier that said $1280 USD that would have been too rich for my blood.

Haley

Been following the whole post, should have posted earlier. But I am really interested in these features! I have had a G5 since May of 2017. Fantastic radio, using it all the time. MANY times I have almost bought another one (or two)---but just wanted a bit more freq. coverage. In the flyer, bullet point 18 REALLY has my attention. If Unication can make a receiver that is wideband I will be the first in line!

wx9kvh

Not exactly true. Have you read the latest posts from Unication?

Yes, I have. And this pager has been out for how long? People have been asking for these features for the same amount of time. There’s a reason it’s taken this long. Time. Money. My reasoning behind my earlier post was everyone expects things to be the way they THINK they should be, without having to pay for them.

minasha

We need to face facts about this, The people at Unication are well aware that Uniden has no competition at all in the LSM P25 world and if people realize that they can buy a G series pager and make it work as a scanner (to some degree) this will make Unication a viable competitor.
Although all the mods in the world will never make a G series a true scanner the simple fact that the Uniden SDS 100 is a POS next to the G series
I would rather have a Unication G. A few new mods like TG hold, scan delay, would be enough for most people I have talked to and I don't think there should be any charge for that just like there is no charge for DMR upgrade. If you are l;ooking for Motorola Capacity plus etc. that's a different story a charge would surely be understood for that.