• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/5 Bluetooth Speaker Choices

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Inside the hotel in Romulus, about 15 miles west and the last signal I heard was on the road about 25 miles east in Ontario on Route 401. I came in through Toledo and had signal well before I got on 275.
I have not driven on 401, but that looks like a clear shot, and I know the approach from Toledo is. The signals do not carry quite as well to the north, the last time I tried.

Citywide173

I have not driven on 401, but that looks like a clear shot, and I know the approach from Toledo is. The signals do not carry quite as well to the north, the last time I tried.
I could never get a signal at the hotel, even on my mobile mounted 996XT connected to an Austin Spectra which does gangbusters within 5 miles of the city limits. The video was taken (obviously inside) on the first floor at the western end of the motel. I have tried multiple portable scanners with stock, 800, suction cup dipole and homebrew (BNC to screw post with correct length wire for frequency) antennas with no luck whatsoever in the past. Couldn't even hear the data on the control channel.

chaseboyer

Premium Subscriber
I know this has been asked somewhere on the forum before, but has anyone had any luck pairing a G4/G5 to something like a Motorola Bluetooth RSM or PTT pod? I am looking for something I can clip on my shirt or backpack with a pretty loud speaker (I know the Motorola stuff is loud) for when I am on fire scenes. Also was looking at the PTT pod for scenes I am at where I need to be able to listen with an earpiece only. I am a news photographer so I am frequently on scenes where it’s nice to be able to blast my radio without an earpiece like a fire and 10 minutes later I might be standing in front of a SWAT scene where it’s best to listen over an earpiece.

IAmSixNine

I have one of these from Klein and it does not work with the G4. Blu-RSM® Bluetooth Speaker Microphone
It does work with my BK KNG2. Motorola has some proprietary stuff with their radios. So have not tried it with my XPR7550 yet. I was told it would not work. Or maybe it was the PTT that would not work but the SPK would. Either way the XPR has not been tested.