• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication g4/5 phase-ii tdma upgrade promo $95

Status
Not open for further replies.

county

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth. . my newly acquired G4 with Phase-2 already loaded runs circles around my older G5 (acquired mid-2016- not yet P2 capable) even on Phase-1 systems, in terms of performance. Now, there could be other variables at play. . and in all fairness my G5 is on an ancient firmware (R11P from mid 2017).

But here are the noteworthy subjective improvements I see w/ the my P2-enabled G4 based on my limited observations so far:
-Issue of frequent 'out of range' is resolved in my basement, on a distant P1 system. (using same antennas, same conditions)
-Missed transmissions issue seems to be fixed! This was noticeable especially on short-replies. Not an issue now based on my non-scientific observations these past 18 hours.
-Improved speech quality. . less 'digitized' sounding.

I have sent my G5 in for the upgrade. . will be especially anxious to see if after the update it compares to my new G4. I suspect it will, and I suspect the new firmware fixes a few nuisance issues.

As an update, I received my updated G5 from Unication yesterday, and it behaves like a whole new radio with this new firmware and vocoder. . the positive observations I noted above about my newly purchased G4 with P2 are now observable with my updated G5 also. P2 capability aside, I also see benefits on P1 with the new firmware.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
That’s good news. Still waiting for UPS. In the interim, I installed the newest PPS but don’t see any changes to previous versions. I thought by now they would have addressed the 32 zone limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
That’s good news. Still waiting for UPS. In the interim, I installed the newest PPS but don’t see any changes to previous versions. I thought by now they would have addressed the 32 zone limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m waiting on UPS as well. Their initial tracking showed a delivery date of 4/24. Later, when I checked again, the date had been rescheduled to 4/26. It would have been faster if they shipped using USPS. On the plus side, I have my new NJICS codeplug almost ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haley

Just curious for those that have their G4/5s back. Is Unication sending them back 2 day USPS ? I have noticed the quick returns. Mine got to Arlington UPS yesterday. Hoping it delivers to Unication Monday. Mike

troymail

Silent Key
Just curious for those that have their G4/5s back. Is Unication sending them back 2 day USPS ? I have noticed the quick returns. Mine got to Arlington UPS yesterday. Hoping it delivers to Unication Monday. Mike

Hard to tell for me with the weekend - dropped at a UPS store late afternoon on 4/19 - not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday 4/24 (by 8pm)... doesn't seem like 2 day... weekend never helps but it's clear my package - which arrived in Atlanta around 6pm on Friday - is spending the better part of the weekend standing still.

Haley

Hard to tell for me with the weekend - dropped at a UPS store late afternoon on 4/19 - not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday 4/24 (by 8pm)... doesn't seem like 2 day... weekend never helps but it's clear my package - which arrived in Atlanta around 6pm on Friday - is spending the better part of the weekend standing still.

Exactly what I did 4/19 scheduled for delivery Tuesday 4/24. Mine went from central Iowa to Dallas in 36 hours not too bad. I am hoping they put it on the delivery truck tonight for Arlington, that would be a day early , not holding my breath. If yours is still Atlanta, it's about 800 miles to Dallas------it will be there Tuesday for sure.

Haley

Thanks Jeb2942, I wasn’t sure how people were getting them back. Makes sense though. I worry more about my local post office than I do the rest of the trip!

ttquattroman

Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase2 upgrade

Hi, Where can I find details of this upgrade i.e. how do I pay the $95 and what address do I ship the pager to?

Thanks

Peter
KM4JXP

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
At the Unication site. Unication USA
Phase II upgrade takes you through the online store. The address is sent to you through email after purchase as well as a link for the NEW PPS you use with Phase II upgrade. NOTE - Unication chose to make you also send paper COPIES of your purchase with Serial number, etc along with your pager you send in to them. You'll have to print out that email and form on a copier to include. I used a VISA pre-paid debit card to buy my upgrade. REALLY FAST turnaround time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWonton

I did the Phase II upgrade on my G4 last week. Purchased the upgrade on Sunday, sent out on Monday from the Cleveland, OH area via USPS and received by Unication on Wednesday and turned around the same day via UPS. UPS delivered my pager on Saturday.

Overall a very smooth process. I opted for the insurance from USPS and it ran around $14ish.

lsh1885

I sent my G4 in today for the upgrade via UPS Ground, its suppose to be there on Thursday. Maybe I'll get it back by the end of next week if I am lucky.

lsh1885

So how do I install the new PPS. Do I have to delete the old one. Right now when I click on it I get the display "You cannot preview .exe files".

troymail

Silent Key
You can use the Download button in the upper right hand corner of the Dropbox screen - are, I believe you can right-click to save the file.

Once you have it downloaded, you can just install it - I do not believe there is a need to uninstall first.

Status
Not open for further replies.