• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication g4/5 phase-ii tdma upgrade promo $95

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

My G4 arrived at Unication earlier today and they have already sent me a E-Mail stating they have completed the upgrade and they are shipping it back to me UPS with a tracking number. Boy those guys are fast!!

tp3244

Just got my G5 back from the Phase 2 upgrade as well and I'm pleased with the new V1.00-T08 firmware. They definitely changed something with the EQ to the speaker on this firmware as it sounds a little clearer (although hard to really quantify how much "clearer").

Turn around in Arlington was super quick (same day) just as others reported. Shipping there and back was kinda slow - I opted for FedEx ground there and Unication did UPS ground back which took ~6 business days round trip from WI to TX... but overall I can't complain as that's just how ground shipping goes and has little to do with Unication.

I'm also wondering exactly what got programmed to this thing in Arlington. Did a "fuse" get set to allow Phase 2 usage with current/future firmware? What happens if you program the V1.00-T08 firmware to a non-Phase 2 upgraded unit? Does it just not pick up Phase 2? Wish there was a way I could confirm I'm actually getting Phase 2 in (my area is mostly Phase 1 but occasional Phase 2)

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Is there any chance Unication will have the ability to do this upgrade at Hamvention? Just in case I'm going to wait until after then to send mine in. I don't need Phase II at the moment, but my firmware is a few versions old, and I see some reports of clearer audio.

W8VI

I have two G4's and sent one in for the Phase II upgrade. It returned with the new firmware V1.00-T08.

With both G4 pagers monitoring the same Phase I busy Ohio MARCS system talk group the PII updated G4 does sound noticeably better to my ears and most voices are easier to understand. Mainly the audio sounds more natural due to the high pitched hiss on most transmissions is mostly gone.

With the high pitch noise gone the audio is more natural sounding, especially when in the car or listening to weak or low voice audio transmissions.

For me, the audio improvement alone was worth the upgrade.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
A reminder to all, buying and selling is to be conducted in the Classifieds section of RadioReference, not in the forums.

DP1947

Premium Subscriber
I just happened to see this post today. Did Unication send an email to current owners? I never received anything.

tp3244

I did not get an email from Unication re: the Phase 2 upgrade being released... only found out about that when browsing the forums here.....which was kinda surprising seeing I believe I was on "the list" with Unication (see below).

My last email from Unication before I purchased the upgrade on 4/23/18 was from David Oney on 1/18/18 regarding the V0.93-0.17K (Phase I) firmware being released that month.... so pretty sure I was on "the list".

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I was going to pull the trigger based on the Phase I user feedback alone. Probably going to be a long time until TDMA shows up locally. Maybe I will send them an email...

pfd9100

Premium Subscriber
Same here, anyone have an update on this? I wasnt notified of the upgrade via email either and just found this thread this morning. Now it seems gone but its not 5/31 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.