• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication U3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Any updates on if / when this will be available in the USA? Anyone know if the software mods to add scanner features to the "G" series will also apply to the U3 as well??

Thanks,
rja1

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I have a request in for a 7/800MHz U3, I am stuck at the "arrange best way shipping" email chain...$1279 with battery and charger, and assurances it will be able to do non affilate scan and lock on. :)

Paul

Jordan_yeh

Unication Representative
The non affiliate (RX only) feature been implemented and getting ready to ship , Steve and Sandy will help you arrangement

picscan

Premium Subscriber
What would be the advantages of this over the G4 and G5 if it's RX only?

DewAddict

I second this, also is the U3 and the M2 conventional P25 only or trunked P25 with non-affiliate scan?

Look at the PDF via the link below. U3 Testing document. At the time of the report TDMA trunking was not supported but it appears FDMA is supported. That may have changed by now though. Page 3 of the PDF shows the info.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I just wired $1500 to Unication (radio, battery, charger, antenna, programming cable, bluetooth, international shipping) for my U3, so that's out of the way. Self programmable for Phase 1 and 2 trunking with no system keys needed, meaning if your an idiot, you can affiliate and get your warrantyless U3 bricked really fast. The radio does have receive only modes, and Unication offered to program it for me if i wanted, ust had to send a list of systems and talkgroups. I am crossing my fingers I am not hit with some ridiculous Trump import tariff when it hits the US. :-O

Paul

DewAddict

Hopefully it all goes well and you get it up and running. On another note, can a non-Motorola radio be bricked or inhibited by the system? I don't dabble in the NAS stuff so I have no idea.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I would assume bricking is part of the APCO specifications for Project 25 trunking?

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Well, as I said, I wired the funds for the U3, but am now being told by Unication it is "restricted cargo" and I need to "make arrangements" and contact any agencies necessary with clearing it into the US...yeah...so I have probably bitten off more than I can chew. I have purchased thigs from China before on ebay, and they just show up in the mail. :(

Paul

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Well, as I said, I wired the funds for the U3, but am now being told by Unication it is "restricted cargo" and I need to "make arrangements" and contact any agencies necessary with clearing it into the US...yeah...so I have probably bitten off more than I can chew. I have purchased thigs from China before on ebay, and they just show up in the mail. :(

Paul

Due to AES256 maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I did not add the AES256 option, and isn't encryption only an issue for US exporting out of the US? Is Taiwan considered China for 25% import tariffs?

When all is said and done, after tariffs and whatever fees I pay to some import agent, this damn thing will probably cost more than a used APX7000 3.5. :oops:

Paul

KevinC

Super Moderator
I did not add the AES256 option, and isn't encryption only an issue for US exporting out of the US? Is Taiwan considered China for 25% import tariffs?

When all is said and done, after tariffs and whatever fees I pay to some import agent, this damn thing will probably cost more than a used APX7000 3.5. :oops:

Paul

I don't know about the laws in Taiwan, it was just a guess. ;)

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Well, as I said, I wired the funds for the U3, but am now being told by Unication it is "restricted cargo"
I would ask for the specific restriction and clearance they think is needed. In some countries, the possession of a radio transmitter is highly restricted, so perhaps they are just acting out of caution or misunderstanding.

The other issue could be if it's not type accepted?

KevinC

Super Moderator
I would cancel before it turns into a disaster. Maybe get a Relm instead? Or just wait for the G-series "scanner" FW.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
What would be the advantages of this over the G4 and G5 if it's RX only?
Doesn't look like an RX only radio. Looks like something that will need to affiliate in order to receive. Difference being in that, you can load up an encryption key with it. I could be wrong, and other please chime in, but, that's what it looks like to me.

Whereas, the G series pagers are capable of receiving encrypted traffic, you still would need the software to do that, yet, the method for obtaining that, it's unknown to us mere G owners...

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It's a two-way subscriber trunked radio...but has a receive only mode for no TX or affiliate operation.

Unication rep said to not panic. :oops:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.