• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication U3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I would just stick a Moto antenna on it....the U3 antenna looks a little chunky. I am assuming it uses the standard Moto/Unication SMA.

Paul

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where I can get just the U3 antenna, want to try it on my G5 when I’m at work where currently I’m in and out of range all day
The U3 uses a flush SMA connector and the G Series unit uses a recessed SMA connection. G Series on the left and U3 on the right.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 30

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
You can use an OEM Motorola old style 7 inch 800MHz whipe, or a 1/4 800 spike...you just need to turn them down a bit too far so the bottoms spread a lil until you get signal. Aftermarket China counterfiets (they have notches around the connector) do not have enough thread to reach the pin, and OEM antenas stick out of the rubber farther and can be made to connect rather easy.

Paul

DewAddict

I did not add the AES256 option, and isn't encryption only an issue for US exporting out of the US? Is Taiwan considered China for 25% import tariffs?

When all is said and done, after tariffs and whatever fees I pay to some import agent, this damn thing will probably cost more than a used APX7000 3.5. :oops:

Paul

Any update? I've been following to see if you like the radio and how it works.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It may be some time if it arrives, they have not shipped (manufactured?) it yet, and who knows if it will even clear customs. :oops:

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Well, the U3 has shipped, got a tracking number, shows as on it's way from Taipei. :poop:

Paul

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.15.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.15.01 AM.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 66

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
This is already giving me a headache...I don't know what DKF is... :oops:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.23.55 AM.png

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is that like a trunking system key? They didn't provide a user guide to the programming software.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It arrived...I hope it is IP rated, because I sprayed it with about a gallon of Lysol and left it on the charger...normal Motorola antennas screw right on, the stock 7/800 antenna is similar to a Motorola VHF helical.

Paul

Uni1

Unication Representative
Premium Subscriber
Not looking good for receive only - Hopefully the option is in there somewhere.
Receive only is not the issue. The U3 can monitor whatever you want as long as you choose "Trunking Receive Only Mode" for that knob position.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
40+ seconds from turning the on/off knob on until it finishes the "loading" screen. Eek. The menu is exactly like the G series...it has a Uni.G sticker on the base.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.