Unication

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can program all of the frequencies as conventional, but it will not trunk track a Motorola Type II system. When DE changes to P25, you will be good to go.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
You can use the fire rebroadcasts in replacement of a monitor UHF for NCC and Sussex VHF for Kent if you were just looking to use it for alerting.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I don't mean to wake up an old thread - but I need a second opinion. I have a friend who is in Southern Chester County interested in Unication. We are already aware that the Unication pager does not track Stste of Delaware Public Safety. However we need something that will play nice with Chester County (VHF Paging, 800mhz Ops), Cecil County (800mhz paging and ops), and Gloucester County NJ (700mhz Paging and ops). I'm guessing New Castle County not longer has any VHF repeaters to either Dispatch or Fire 3 Ops? If so the question becomes should they look into VHF capable G5 or go with a UHF G5 that at least has 453-460 for New Castle Co Fire Dispatch and Fire 3 Rebroadcast?

KB3PTP

Premium Subscriber
I don't mean to wake up an old thread - but I need a second opinion. I have a friend who is in Southern Chester County interested in Unication. We are already aware that the Unication pager does not track Stste of Delaware Public Safety. However we need something that will play nice with Chester County (VHF Paging, 800mhz Ops), Cecil County (800mhz paging and ops), and Gloucester County NJ (700mhz Paging and ops). I'm guessing New Castle County not longer has any VHF repeaters to either Dispatch or Fire 3 Ops? If so the question becomes should they look into VHF capable G5 or go with a UHF G5 that at least has 453-460 for New Castle Co Fire Dispatch and Fire 3 Rebroadcast?
I would go with a Unication G4 UHF version, that way you would have the ability to monitor the Southern Chester Co. System (800MHz) and also still receive the State of Delaware patch on UHF (453.300 and 453.050).

Status
Not open for further replies.