BCD436HP/BCD536HP: UNIDEN BCD436HP/BCD536HP rotary knob part number or source

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
I've had multiple BCD536HP scanners main large rotary knob fail and start skipping all over the place, it gets expensive to pay almost 100$ each time it fails

does anyone have the part number, OR know a scanner that uses the same switch that is cheap? that's the greatest repair need i have right now.

the lesser issue is I have a bunch of BCD436HPs that the top rotary knob is starting to get really loose (worn out from lots or rotations), but it's still rotating normally (not skipping) for now, if you know a part number or source for that, i would appreciate it.

just FYI for those that are interested, common problems I have found with
BCD436HP
Q2 and Q3 get blown from ham radios being transmitted near the scanner antenna, more specifically if scanner antenna is external on a vehicle roof
this results in the scanner becoming DEAF on RX only hearing the strongest of signals.
a good replacement for these is Agilent HBFP-0420 (BFP420), SOT-343, I've replaced them, and the scanners work normal.
these transistors are very small, requires a hands-free station with board clips and big magnifying glass and a fine tip solder pencil. and id recommend very thin solder or tiny bit of solder paste
MINI USB B connector gets worn out (it appears to look like SMT394-01) i just ordered some and ill see how they fit, the package style appears to be the same

BCD536HP
main rotary knob fails and skips randomly (need part number or source)
MICROSD card slot holder fails and won't eject the card. (need part number or source)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber

ahuppe

Premium Subscriber
I've had multiple BCD536HP scanners main large rotary knob fail and start skipping all over the place, it gets expensive to pay almost 100$ each time it fails

does anyone have the part number, OR know a scanner that uses the same switch that is cheap? that's the greatest repair need i have right now.

the lesser issue is I have a bunch of BCD436HPs that the top rotary knob is starting to get really loose (worn out from lots or rotations), but it's still rotating normally (not skipping) for now, if you know a part number or source for that, i would appreciate it.

just FYI for those that are interested, common problems I have found with
BCD436HP
Q2 and Q3 get blown from ham radios being transmitted near the scanner antenna, more specifically if scanner antenna is external on a vehicle roof
this results in the scanner becoming DEAF on RX only hearing the strongest of signals.
a good replacement for these is Agilent HBFP-0420 (BFP420), SOT-343, I've replaced them, and the scanners work normal.
these transistors are very small, requires a hands-free station with board clips and big magnifying glass and a fine tip solder pencil. and id recommend very thin solder or tiny bit of solder paste
MINI USB B connector gets worn out (it appears to look like SMT394-01) i just ordered some and ill see how they fit, the package style appears to be the same

BCD536HP
main rotary knob fails and skips randomly (need part number or source)
MICROSD card slot holder fails and won't eject the card. (need part number or source)
Here is a link to the encoder. If you're a DIY person and have basic soldering skills then you should be good to go.
Took me an hour from start to finish. "Your time may vary" Worked great for me.