BCD536HP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I have read what I can find about GPS scanning but since this will be my first one capable of such a thing, I have a question, or several.

I am currently working on my favorite lists. I live in Northeast Connecticut and I am working right Now on the State Police. I want to set it up so that when I am in the area for Troop D, I only here Troop D, same for when I head to he coast, all I want to hear is Troop E. I have figured out a Lat and Long for a center location in each respective troop. I also have figured out the best radius that encompasses most of the respective sections without a lot of overlap. Now, When first booting up the scanner you enter a range. If I enter say 20 miles, and I am in my home town. I should here troop D but I am also within 20 miles of where E starts. With the both info for each troop, will that be enough to lock out one? Or should I set my initial radius smaller?

This also goes for the city of Norwich. A much smaller section to work with. Maybe I can explain this so its not so confusing. I work in Norwich and only want to listen to the FD, PD and EMS when I am in the city limits. Not when I am in my hometown. I have also set a LAT and LONG with a radius. Again with an initial setup radius of 20 miles, I would be within range of Norwich when in my town or the towns between.

wise871

Database Admin
I have read what I can find about GPS scanning but since this will be my first one capable of such a thing, I have a question, or several.

I am currently working on my favorite lists. I live in Northeast Connecticut and I am working right Now on the State Police. I want to set it up so that when I am in the area for Troop D, I only here Troop D, same for when I head to he coast, all I want to hear is Troop E. I have figured out a Lat and Long for a center location in each respective troop. I also have figured out the best radius that encompasses most of the respective sections without a lot of overlap. Now, When first booting up the scanner you enter a range. If I enter say 20 miles, and I am in my home town. I should here troop D but I am also within 20 miles of where E starts. With the both info for each troop, will that be enough to lock out one? Or should I set my initial radius smaller?

This also goes for the city of Norwich. A much smaller section to work with. Maybe I can explain this so its not so confusing. I work in Norwich and only want to listen to the FD, PD and EMS when I am in the city limits. Not when I am in my hometown. I have also set a LAT and LONG with a radius. Again with an initial setup radius of 20 miles, I would be within range of Norwich when in my town or the towns between.

Have you seen this section yet. It may help answer your question. I always run at 0 with my customized files so I only pick up transmissions when I enter the radius of the system I want to monitor.
How it Works: Location, Location, Location

Last edited:

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Have you seen this section yet. It may help answer your question. I always run at 0 with my customized files so I only pick up transmissions when I enter the radius of the system I want to monitor.
How it Works: Location, Location, Location

Have not but that is precisely the type of info I was looking for. Thank you. And thanks for the info so far. Nice install in your truck. Hope to have mine next week.

rdevous

MLK Monday holiday.

If I understand it right...They are not receiving their supply of radios until Tuesday...so the UPS can have a "normal" MLK Monday in preparation for OUR ANTICIPATED "releasing of the hounds" distributions! I, myself, have picked a spot on my front steps to "Park it and wait" all bundled up with a Thermos of Starbuck's best "Navy strong" coffee!!!

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Could not take it anymore, pulled the trigger yesterday. Ordered thru Ham Station. Spent some time getting the Sentinel software populated. Have been using a Pro 106 and a 197 the last few years so all of the Uniden talk is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.