BCD536HP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7eir

Wow that's all great and yet so confusing for a dummy like me. The days are gone where u could turn on a scanner let it scan and lock ur local department in and listen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You can almost still do exactly that by just entering your zip code.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
1st off you have been warned about trolling here at RR.com before.
2nd the only correct part of your post below is that folks will get their radios. Everything else you posted is an out and out lie including the statement about Uniden playing some type of "marketing game".
Just stop the lies pepsima1.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Its just a marketing game to hype up the radios. Thats it. Uniden has hundreds of 48 ft shipping containers full of these new units sitting in their where houses somewhere just waiting to ship.

Its no mystery whats so ever. They have plenty of radios to ship to everyone that wants one. They have been planning this for years now and they have their slave labor over in China or Tawiian making more as I speak.

People will just get their radios in the order that it was received.

rdevous

Just ordered my BCD536 from bearcatwarehouse.com. Let the anticipation begin. Feeling "Christmas morning tingly!" Did not order any extras or services. I did not think they charges sales tax? That was a $36.99 addition.

Ray

...Just checked outside front door.....did not arrive yet... ;-)

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bearcatwharehouse just sent out emails today saying that their new Uniden radios are arriving on January 22nd.

The shipping containers are starting to ship to their distributors.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I just received a phone call: Uniden is releasing the 536 on Tuesday.

Bearcatwharehouse just sent out emails today saying that their new Uniden radios are arriving on January 22nd.

The shipping containers are starting to ship to their distributors.

Sounds about right. The estimates from a few weeks ago are proving accurate. Good to hear these updates!

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Here's a question for you Uniden gurus. I'm getting a 536 at some point when they become available. I have times when I want to keep the noise to a minimum. With my Pro-106 I just hit the favorites key so I hear only select local agencies instead of the many scan lists. Any way to do this on the 536? I'm thinking have a favorites list with just my local agencies on one QK and have all the other favorites all on one different QK so I can disable them all at once?

LiquidPandora

And all through the house not a creature was Stirring just this old Sailor waiting for the UPS Man...:lol:

LiquidPandora

Here's a question for you Uniden gurus. I'm getting a 536 at some point when they become available. I have times when I want to keep the noise to a minimum. With my Pro-106 I just hit the favorites key so I hear only select local agencies instead of the many scan lists. Any way to do this on the 536? I'm thinking have a favorites list with just my local agencies on one QK and have all the other favorites all on one different QK so I can disable them all at once?

Ummmm, YES... and yes... and oh ya YES you can... :eek:)
:D

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber

I have one favorites list for use at my home with everything in it that I am within range of and then a second favorites list with only the local police/fire stuff in it. Each favorites list is assigned a different favorites list quick key so I can rapidly switch between the two. Or, you could have everything in the same favorites list and just program multiple systems each with a different system quick key while not changing the favorites list.

Steve2003

Just saw this on the ScannerMaster website:
Scanner_Master_Closed.png

Hopefully someone will be around to sign for their BCD536HPs if they were scheduled to be delivered on Monday. :(

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
external speaker

If I was wanting to get a good external speaker for my 536hp.
what would be a pretty good reasonable. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There is a wide variety of external speakers. The following is a link to Scanner Master's page showing them, though they are a little pricer than the comparable Amazon version.

Speakers for Police Scanner Radios

The BC23A is an amplified speaker meaning it will boost the volume, but it needs a 12 volt power supply. I've got one of them in my vehicle and it works well.

The BC 15 is a non-amplified model (meaning no external power supply is necessary). I use that in my garage and am happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.