Uniden Repair Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMBaugh2

I think like most its the amount of time it is taking to repair. I have sent a lot of scanners for repair due to me dropping one or so on. But I just sent my SDS100 in and the most scary part of the whole thing was the status for example not knowing if they received or not and if it was being in work and so on. But when I called customer service the person was real helpful and nice about the whole thing. I think the question mark here is that at one time I can remember sending in one and you would have it back in about 3 weeks. But it is what it is.

palmerjrusa

I understand that you shipped via UPS. Although it was signed for, I'm curious as to whether it was insured with UPS for it's true value? If so, UPS may not necessarily be "off the hook" if the item was delivered to the wrong entity within that complex of buildings. Is the receiver's signature legible? Sometimes a receiving clerk has a rubber stamp to "sign for" incoming parcels, which sometimes also includes the company name.

You may have mentioned it, but if you have not already done so, also open a case with UPS. If UPS claims they delivered, but Uniden says they did not receive it, the issue then becomes between UPS and Uniden. BUT, that may only be of worth to you if you insured your parcel for the value of the product. If not, I believe that UPS is only responsible for the first $100, which I believe it automatically covers. Whatever the case, I would file a claim with UPS nonetheless, and that should put more pressure on Uniden to resolve the issue.

I would hate to think that with all the other problems at the Uniden repair facility, they have a thief in their employ that absconds with radios and credit card numbers. However, if that were the case, I think we would be hearing about many more "lost" radios and credit card frauds here on the forums.

I know this is an expensive proposition whenever we ship items, but you should always insure your parcel for its correct value.

Getting to talk with an actual human being at UPS is a major task.

Currently they've managed to lose a package from HRO.

I can see the UPS delivery van go by where I live.
Got the UPS confirmation delivery alert, which I thought odd since no UPS van outside, went to check for the package and nothing there.
UPS van came by later and still no package.
First claim I filed they closed after 8 days saying the GPS indicated the correct delivery address.
After a major hassle got to speak to a UPS agent and told them "I don't have my package, please find it".
They re-opened the claim and I'm still waiting for a response.
It's obvious it's been delivered to the wrong address.

I don't even want to talk about the USPS.
A new sim card for a mobile phone sent from Los Angeles has gone off the tracking history radar completely, it should have been here a week ago. No tracking history updates for days now.
It's likely been sucked into the USPS Baltimore Sorting Center = black hole for mail.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I have a personal friendship with my UPS route guy. After he got stuck in the snow in the alley by my house picking that scanner up for delivery. Brown was stuck for 2 hours till another truck came and we all managed to rock the big brown monster free.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I had a usps package lost in Baltimore MD 8 weeks before it was found and delivered 2 days later.
Never had a Baltimore experience yet. Have had a package bounce between 2 Indianapolis facilities for a week before finally showing up at my door. Damaged.

palmerjrusa

Never had a Baltimore experience yet. Have had a package bounce between 2 Indianapolis facilities for a week before finally showing up at my door. Damaged.

My latest experience with the USPS Baltimore Sorting Office was a 2-Day Priority package from Nevada (Chameleon Antennas).
Made it to Baltimore Sorting Office in 24 hours.
Got spat out twice and bounced right back there again.
Third time out they delivered it to the wrong Post Office.
Waited several days, no change in the tracking history.
Phoned that Post Office and got told, "oh, we shoudn't have it, it's been laying around here for 2 or 3 days now (for Two-Day Priority Mail!), we'll send it back to Baltimore.
Back it went, at least I assume it did, the tracking history never registered it being received at Baltimore.
Finally, 26 days after it was shipped I received it.

The above involved numerous phone calls and numerous missing mail case filings.
I also found out my local Post Office, despite have two listed phone numbers never picks up, I mean EVER. Something that, after a little digging around on the internet, others have also discovered.

I wish Amazon would take over the USPS but it's likely they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
My latest experience with the USPS Baltimore Sorting Office was a 2-Day Priority package from Nevada (Chameleon Antennas).
Made it to Baltimore Sorting Office in 24 hours.
Got spat out twice and bounced right back there again.
Third time out they delivered it to the wrong Post Office.
Waited several days, no change in the tracking history.
Phoned that Post Office and got told, "oh, we shoudn't have it, it's been laying around here for 2 or 3 days now (for Two-Day Priority Mail!), we'll send it back to Baltimore.
Back it went, at least I assume it did, the tracking history never registered it being received at Baltimore.
Finally, 26 days after it was shipped I received it.

The above involved numerous phone calls and numerous missing mail case filings.
I also found out my local Post Office, despite have two listed phone numbers never picks up, I mean EVER. Something that, after a little digging around on the internet, others have also discovered.

I wish Amazon would take over the USPS but it's likely they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
Amazon can't take over USPS without a grueling battle in the US Congress. As the USPS is half Federal Government, and Half Private Business, the House, and Senate would have to disown it, and the President would have to agree. Then it has to pass the Constitutional Standards test of the Supreme Court. In front of all this is the Postal Workers Union, who have as much power and corruption as the Teamsters ever thought of having. So, this will never happen unless you have an all conservative House, Senate, President, and majority in the USSC. Not to mention UPS, FedEx, and what used to be DHL would literally go to war over who gets the toy store.

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
Amazon can't take over USPS without a grueling battle in the US Congress. As the USPS is half Federal Government, and Half Private Business, the House, and Senate would have to disown it, and the President would have to agree. Then it has to pass the Constitutional Standards test of the Supreme Court. In front of all this is the Postal Workers Union, who have as much power and corruption as the Teamsters ever thought of having. So, this will never happen unless you have an all conservative House, Senate, President, and majority in the USSC. Not to mention UPS, FedEx, and what used to be DHL would literally go to war over who gets the toy store.
I hear through the grapevine that the USPS won't be renewing their contract with Amazon at the end of the year.

MStep

I hear through the grapevine that the USPS won't be renewing their contract with Amazon at the end of the year.

Many of my postal employee friends have told me that it was Amazon who saved the Post Office from bankruptcy. Maybe you have that story backwards--- maybe it is Amazon who will not renew their contract with the USPS. That makes much more sense.

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
Let me rephrase that. I hear that at the end of the year the USPS will no longer be delivering packages for Amazon.
I also hear that UPS will have "dedicated" delivery vehicles for Amazon and the regular UPS drivers will be delivering
everything else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

palmerjrusa

Many of my postal employee friends have told me that it was Amazon who saved the Post Office from bankruptcy. Maybe you have that story backwards--- maybe it is Amazon who will not renew their contract with the USPS. That makes much more sense.

Back in the UK where I grew up the Postal Union had its own little Christmas tradition called:

Give Us More Money or We'll Go on Strike and No One Gets Their Christmas Presents

Worked for a while under governments that had the spines of jellyfish and were afraid of the unions.

Then came private carriers and competiion.

Last time the Postal Union tried the above Amazon immediately cancelled their contract and moved their business to a private carrier.

The strike promptly collapsed.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Here the USPS latest game was slow down everything pre 2020 elections. What had taken 2 days to mail across town, now took minimum a week. Suddenly post election when the guy their union wanted was president, and their "paid employees" (bribed and paid off politicians) were in charge of both Senate, and House of Representatives,... Wow! Mail was once again running on time! Go figure! But anyway, the main issue with Uniden is the seriously convoluted shipping scheme they have for repairs/returns... You ship with UPS, FedEx, DHL etc, to a Courier Service. That service ships to the repair facility. I do not know if it is the same way in reverse to ship back to you, but most likely is. Are they expecting you to send them a bomb in a scanner, and hope one of the shippers will blow up before it gets to them?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Let me rephrase that. I hear that at the end of the year the USPS will no longer be delivering packages for Amazon.
I also hear that UPS will have "dedicated" delivery vehicles for Amazon and the regular UPS drivers will be delivering
everything else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Amazon will be doing a lot of smaller packages via drones. UPS will get more of their bigger packages. The Amazon vans will now be more groceries etc delivering for Whole Foods, Fresh, and Pantry, and as drone mobile bases. USPS is losing that cash cow, but there are plenty of other contracts, like the deal with UPS. USPS is end delivery for smaller UPS packages and such. So technically you could have a smaller package from Amazon got to UPS, then be end of line with USPS. Its a special kind of stupid but it gets your dollar.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any new developments on the repair issue? I am sensing things are still unhinged at Uniden repair.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They are starting to improve at least in the customer service end. Repair time is a lot faster now, its just the lack of correspondence and communication that is causing hang ups now. They still need to remember to notify you when things are moving. That or change the policy to we will NOT tell you we have items for repair, and they are in the que. Its still officially saying they will send you notification and the number you need to research status etc.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I called a couple weeks ago and was told mine where supppse to arrive by then. There is still nothing at my front door. I've been waiting 5 months for my scanners to get back to me. That's almost half the year!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Thats on the shipper. You need to file a complaint with the shippers. That or you got porch pirated.

MStep

I called a couple weeks ago and was told mine where supppse to arrive by then. There is still nothing at my front door. I've been waiting 5 months for my scanners to get back to me. That's almost half the year!

Notify Uniden so that they can file a claim from their end, since they were the shipper, not you. However, you can also contact Uniden and ask how it was shipped (like UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS, etc) and get a shipping reference number/tracking number so that you can file a claim from your end as well.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Notify Uniden so that they can file a claim from their end, since they were the shipper, not you. However, you can also contact Uniden and ask how it was shipped (like UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS, etc) and get a shipping reference number/tracking number so that you can file a claim from your end as well.

Thanks for the info. I think it just simply hasn't shipped yet. I've got cameras at my front door and always pretty aware if any packages are being delivered.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Mstep: Dear Lord. If I'd sent my radio and waited five months, I would be livid. I will keep up with this thread to see if you get your radio back. I know some of the electronic parts are very hard to obtain. I suppose I am going to send my 436HPs after this hopefully improves.

Luckily, my radio will function after they replace the SMA housing in the event they can't fix the electronic issues. I can do without the internal clock (don't want scanner withdrawal symptoms, LOL). I would prefer having all things fixed; hence, I might wait. I am undecided at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.