Uniden Scanner Mods & Accessories - SDS100 Internal GPS Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinsu

Just got the shipping notification for my 436hp with GPS mod. I talked to Jon months ago when this just started happening and after our conversation knew that he was trustworthy. Its unfortunate that it took so long but knowing the situation with the GPS supply made it less stressful. It would have been nice to be updated on what is happening but in the end as long as it works I am happy.
Out of curiosity what was the total turn around time? I sent my SDS100 in two months ago, sent an email and called once and haven’t heard back.

cofossio

Premium Subscriber
I want to say I sent it to him in May. As luck would have it, it was the week he found out that the GPS chips he had been installing were not holding the settings that were flashed due to the manufacturer changing the board without telling him. In the end I'm glad that I didn't have to deal with a return.

My guess is that he is very busy clearing out his backlog of work. He is a one man operation and in the end I would rather have him do top quality mods with poor customer service than the reverse.

N_ALSCAN

Out of curiosity what was the total turn around time? I sent my SDS100 in two months ago, sent an email and called once and haven’t heard back.

I sent an SDS100 & Home Patrol II to Jon on June 14, 2021 for GPS installation.

I will update when my scanners are returned.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I've been running my SDS100 that Jon fixed (CSJ) since 11.12.21. It has performed flawlessly. I got a new one 11.5.21 and both of them have been sitting side by side and both receive the same thing and the same time. I couldn't be happier. If the problem rears its ugly head on my new one, then I know where it's going to be fixed. :)

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I sent my SDS100 into Jonathan Wienke approximately May 29, 2021, and paid the up-front $90 ahead of time, and have only heard on or about October 1st that "it would be another 7 to 10 days" and should be ready to ship. I would receive a PayPal request for payment which would according to JW, would pay for the return shipment.

I have left two private emails, one voicemail, and haven't heard a thing, nor any request for payment for return shipping.

Has anybody heard any more from Jonathan recently? I am beginning to become concerned.

900mhz

I sent my SDS100 into Jonathan Wienke approximately May 29, 2021, and paid the up-front $90 ahead of time, and have only heard on or about October 1st that "it would be another 7 to 10 days" and should be ready to ship. I would receive a PayPal request for payment which would according to JW, would pay for the return shipment.

I have left two private emails, one voicemail, and haven't heard a thing, nor any request for payment for return shipping.

Has anybody heard any more from Jonathan recently? I am beginning to become concerned.
I share the same concerns. I heard from him on 11/11/2021 that it should be 2 weeks. At this point, I have not received any communication regarding this. I did fire off a message to him earlier today concerning this.

beddins

Photographer
Sent my SDS 100 in for csj fix back on Oct 4th. Been patiently waiting without any word, except others here, as to what's going on. Hoping for something soon. Prepaid the $50 and have been without my scanner for a long time.

900mhz

I sent mine in to him back in July. Quite frankly, I have lost my patience with this. I have tried to reach out to him several times along the way. He replied back to me ONCE...in November promising two weeks. I am debating contacting law enforcement in this matter.

900mhz

Well, it's now January 2022 and I'm still waiting. Communication on his part has been piss poor.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Well, it's now January 2022 and I'm still waiting. Communication on his part has been piss poor.
I shipped my SDS100 to Jon Wienke at the end of May, along with a PayPal payment of $80. The package arrived (I did USPS tracking with insurance) without any unusual occurrences.

I made several inquiries to Jon Wienke without any responses. Then, he posted that due to a shortage of components, plus a family member became ill, that there would be a delay. After a few more months, Jon posted on this forum he began to receive the components that he was waiting for, and GPS modifications would resume. During this time, I left several emails, voicemails, and received no response to any of my attempts to get a status on my GPS modification.

On December 22, 2021, I sent Jon a certified letter via US Mail, which someone at his location accepted on Thursday, December 30, 2021. In the letter, I requested that Jon contact me with the status of my modification, or to return my SDS100 back to me along with the $80 I had PayPal'ed to him back in May. Quite honestly, I'd like to have the GPS modification, but if he was unable to do this, then comply with my above request.

It is now January 4, 2022, five days since the receipt of my certified letter, and I still haven't received any contact from Jon. I would just like to know what's going on?

900mhz

Mine was sent to Jon for the cold solder joint issue. This repair should entail bench work with no parts required. I was made aware at an earlier date regarding family issues, which I understand. What I don't understand is the total disregard of communication. I am trying to avoid turning this into a legal issue but may have no choice.

i700plus

I purchased an adapter for my sds100 back in December and tried to reach him several times. After reading this thread I've filed a chargeback on my paypal as I've gotten no response either.

Status
Not open for further replies.