uniden scanner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobm1940

Premium Subscriber
My396xt will not let me load systems above QK above 10. I know you must press no to go above 10. But it will not go above 10.Any one have any ideas as to what is going on ? FreeScan will load the system but it don't go to high system.

SCPD

QRT
try

Did you try another software?Can you an manually enter a quickey assignment for a conventional system above the 10?If you can not I would reset the scanner to default and rehit it with your programming.I've had things get "jumbled" up on the 396/996XT ,its easy to rectify.
Forgot to ask,have you done anything new to your scanner or computer lately?
Note : Microsoft .net framework is pretty much junk! I would remove that and reinstall it if all else fails.
Ive also had issues where that craps up and the home patrol software didnt work right.
freescan requires .net software to work!

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I'm not bragging but I'm a FreeSCAN "power user" LOL. I've seen cases where uploading changes to an existing scanner configuration results in weird outcomes. Now, I wipe my scanner clean and upload everything fresh. Since I started doing that I've had zero issues.

bobm1940

Premium Subscriber
bcd369xt

Thanks for the answers. That was my thought also to just start over. I just put a picture program in pc.But when I press the no key it used to make a sound when I tried to go to high system but now it does not.Any way thanks for the help......

Blackink

Thanks for the answers. That was my thought also to just start over. I just put a picture program in pc.But when I press the no key it used to make a sound when I tried to go to high system but now it does not.Any way thanks for the help......

I've seen the same problem here too using FreeScan. I'll wipe my scanner clean before I do an upload and everything seems fine then. If I don't, I usually have some type of odd ball problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.