Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I can change other fields however, these items don't have any options.

The user manual calls these fields "Primary 1, 2, 3" and while the "Sub Info" can be changed, the primary fields have no options when selected. Maybe its just on my end, I will try again...

Cheers!
-W5KYP
-
It's not on your end, the location of those fields can not be changed.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I can change other fields however, these items don't have any options.

The user manual calls these fields "Primary 1, 2, 3" and while the "Sub Info" can be changed, the primary fields have no options when selected. Maybe its just on my end, I will try again...

Cheers!
-W5KYP

I have not been able to find out a way to change the primary fields either.
It would be a good option to have, for the customization.
More of a personal preference, but it would be easier from a visual standpoint to follow what you are hearing.

I been looking ateveryones displays, and it is neat to see the variety of personal preferences.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
The system, group, channel field do not move, but can disappear. If you set the text color the same as background color, it will naturally disappear.

N2NHL

So much blue, yet I love it

I struggled with this for a long time. Ultimately, it boiled down to what worked for my eyes in different light levels and the simplicity of what information is important enough for me to see. I love all the options for display configuration - and it was tough to leave some of those out. Chances are, it will change again at some point.

The above is for trunked systems. For conventional, miraculously, inverting this scheme still worked well for my lousy eyes.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I understand that. I was going through the same issue when I moved my scanners around. And when I'm mobile, I just throw my 100 in black with white because I can't see my screen any other time

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
All of the posted screens are great. Have you ever been corrected by your wife about the names of colors? It is insane. For some reason, I hardly ever get it. I suppose the gold standard for colors is Crayola.

I will be using her as a consultant. LOL, I am going to make my screen a "fashion statement." If I am really nuts, I will make the color scheme match my wardrobe and tie since I always take my scanner to Church.

Ok, I would like to hear opinions about which color screen is best for visibility in the daytime. My Passport Max II radar detector has a choice of colors. The one that shows up the best is green.

So, which colors work best in the bright sunlight on these radios?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
All of the posted screens are great. Have you ever been corrected by your wife about the names of colors? It is insane. For some reason, I hardly ever get it. I suppose the gold standard for colors is Crayola.

I will be using her as a consultant. LOL, I am going to make my screen a "fashion statement." If I am really nuts, I will make the color scheme match my wardrobe and tie since I always take my scanner to Church.

Ok, I would like to hear opinions about which color screen is best for visibility in the daytime. My Passport Max II radar detector has a choice of colors. The one that shows up the best is green.

So, which colors work best in the bright sunlight on these radios?
White on black.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
White on black.

Agree with that! Someone else who uses an SDS200 on the road in their big rig stated they found the white on black provided the best contrast for daytime road travel. I tried it and haven't change it to anything else. I use my SDS200 in my Ram 1500 and white on black has been excellent for contrast. Not flashy but sure does work for me during the daytime with the Sun coming into the cab from varying angles.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as tempted as I am to paint the screen with color bling, I am opting to be practical and go with the recommended, B&W. I too like the idea of a black background and white text.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
You can do both.
Select color when you want or nightime driving and select white on black for most of the time when you are outdoors in the daylight.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Indeed true. You can use all manner of color at night and it works well. Still I keep my white on black at night as I do like its clean and simple appearance. I find it easier to read as well. For me that is what works best overall.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
You guys are killing me here! Do you have any idea how much time I spent in this thread. It's four in the morning, I never went to bed last night. It's a good thing I'm snowed in today and it was already my day off.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
You guys are killing me here! Do you have any idea how much time I spent in this thread. It's four in the morning, I never went to bed last night. It's a good thing I'm snowed in today and it was already my day off.

Like a great book you just couldn't put down huh? Enjoy your snow.