Unit ID's...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: Unit ID's?

There are two types of endcodes, digital and analog. The endcode signals the scanner that the current voice transmission has ended. The scanner should then return to the control channel to monitor for the next channel grant for a voice transmission.

No that I do understand, what I'm saying is I'm not listening to a digital system or talkgroups and none of the frequencies are digital, everything is analog so why would End Code setting be appropriate when nothing is digital anyways? does it need to be set to Analog regardless or should it be set to Ignore?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is a trunked radio system (regardless of digital or analog) there is an end code signal sent at the end of transmissions that tells the radios (and scanners) to go back to the control channel. If it is set to Ignore and the frequency is immediately reassigned to another comm, you'll hear the additional comm as if it was the same channel...the scanner won't go back to the control channel until the carrier drops.

If it is not a trunked radio system, then it sounds like you probably need to program the CTCSS/DCS tone used for the desired system to keep out the unwanted comms.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: Unit ID's?

If it is a trunked radio system (regardless of digital or analog) there is an end code signal sent at the end of transmissions that tells the radios (and scanners) to go back to the control channel. If it is set to Ignore and the frequency is immediately reassigned to another comm, you'll hear the additional comm as if it was the same channel...the scanner won't go back to the control channel until the carrier drops.

If it is not a trunked radio system, then it sounds like you probably need to program the CTCSS/DCS tone used for the desired system to keep out the unwanted comms.

Well I am using FreeScan and I've only had the BCT-15X for a week so I have not set the End Code to anything nor was it set to anything so basically I should set it to Analog End Code?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
While Freescan might have an option for digital end code, the BCT15X does not, so it doesn't matter what you set that to. You need to turn on (and leave on) Analog end code.

Status
Not open for further replies.