Unitrunker 1.0.0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashSWT

Rick, I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, if so sorry for the repeat, but on 1.0.0.10 the "blink" on a call is not working on Groups in the "Audience" section of Call History. Users set to blink do work properly on a call.

This did work on a prior version of the 1.x series but I can't remember exactly when it stopped working.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Is anyone using 1.0.0.10 on a 9600 baud P25 trunking system?

I've got one in testing mode here in San Diego, but Unitrunker persists in trying to ID it as a Motorola ProVoice system. (771.48125 CC)

The scope shows a beautiful clean signal, but decode is zero. A Pro96 is able to send Pro96Com valid data from it, though it only sends 'live' data other than idle every so often.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I had some P25 activity when on vacation in Newfoundland last year. The system wasn't very active at all, but I did get some response from Unitrunker - mainly establishing a system and identifying control channel and (from it) voice/data channels for that site.

I have no P25 near me (yet) at home, so I haven't had any experience otherwise.

Danoman

I'm monitoring this system using a Icom PCR2500 as a signal only.

Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Louisiana - Scanner Frequencies

I don't know if it's 9600 baud or not.

It had been working flawlessly for over a month until this past Saturday when it refused to decode anything.

Like you I have a clean signal showing a health of 99. (I bypassed the filter on the packet out port of my 2500)

I verified proper operation with Unitrunker retro.

Very strange how I had a perfect signal that was verified to be working yet it just did nothing.

Started over from scratch several times before it finally started working again.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I ran my WinXP netbook with the BCD396XT with USB-1 cable and UT 1.0.0.10 for a while today, listening to the following systems: Calgary Digital Radio Trunking System, Calgary, Alberta - Scanner Frequencies which is a Smartzone 3.x system (listening to one site only) and TAC Mobility Trunking System, Calgary, Alberta - Scanner Frequencies which is a Smartnet or PP-Smartnet hybrid (not sure). Both ran for 15+ minutes with no problems at all, with signal strengths running from 25% to 100%.

Rick, if you want my logs, I can pass them along. For the other folks finding their program shutting down, providing your logs (in the R######## folder, probably) is a good idea.

offsite

Premium Subscriber
Hi Skip,

At my location the CC amplitude (via SpectraVue) jumps around like a basketball.

This signal variability is mirrored in both versions of UniTrunker... where the "health" varies from 3 up to 49 and everywhere in between over fractions of a second! (guessing lots of multipath in play here from the SD skyline buildings and maybe even some Lindberg traffic).

I do get decoding now, however (please see below).

But previously I only got the ProVoice indication you describe... so, I played with the receiver attenuation and bandwidth 'til I finally got a decode (10db, 5.5kHz) and, after that, both apps decode every time after a brief startup delay (~10 seconds).

The pic below was taken within the past hour.

Hope this is useful, Skip.

-rb-

I've got one in testing mode here in San Diego, but Unitrunker persists in trying to ID it as a Motorola ProVoice system. (771.48125 CC)

The scope shows a beautiful clean signal, but decode is zero. A Pro96 is able to send Pro96Com valid data from it, though it only sends 'live' data other than idle every so often.

Attachments

• SD_700MHz_TRS_1.jpg
    SD_700MHz_TRS_1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 690
  • SD_700MHz_TRS_2.jpg
    SD_700MHz_TRS_2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 700

SCPD

QRT
The "packet output" on the Icoms is slightly filtered - which makes P25 decoding more difficult. If false ProVoice decode is a problem, turn EDACS96 decoding off in your signal receiver's settings (be sure to turn if back on when monitoring an EDACS system).

Quick terminology review - P25 uses a waveform that conveys two bits per symbol. The bit rate is 9600 bits per second but the symbol rate - also called the baud rate - is 4800. When using UniScope - you'll want to set the symbol rate (the baud rate) to 4800, not 9600 to examine a P25 signal. This setting is ignored for oscilloscope mode.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Switching polarity from 'auto' to 'inverse' let it detect the P25... but even with everything in the reciever tab turned off except APCO 25, and 'site lock' selected, it still keeps popping up a 'Site 0 Adhoc' Provoice site, as well.

SCPD

QRT
I need to filter out the ProVoice events so you don't see a new site window. That should appear in receiver's status / info panel.

Viper43

Unitrunker...
I have never seen an answer to my issues, not getting alpha tags on the Indiana SAFE-T System.
Any luck in your troubleshooting?

Just an FYI it's working OK here on two seperate computers with SAFET so I'd check to seeif it isn't something w/your computer. Maybe a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

V

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Featured items in this release are Site Lock and inline decoding of EDACS and Motorola from the BC346XT, BCD396XT, and BCD996XT (P25 and LTR need testing).

Is there a way to display downloaded alpha tags instead of the description information?

SCPD

QRT
It will display the alpha tag if the longer description field is blank. There isn't (yet) a way to chose one over the other in the history and activity panels (not a bad idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.