Unitrunker with BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have an issue with the 396XT when trying to use it with Unitrunker and I think here is as good as any place to bring it up, since you're talking about XTs and Unitrunker already.

When I leave my scanner on hold on the trunk control channel (as you said in the first paragraph), with the volume up, I can hear frequent changes in volume/signal quality, where the sound of the control channel will vary in strength (generally two levels, what I'd call "strong" and "not quite so strong"). Does anyone else experience this, and does it impact UT functionality? Even with the latest iteration of UT, and a steady consistent signal, I get many dropouts in UT (red bars or no bars on the site window) and bad data (creating false systems/sites/channels, etc). Basically, I'm wondering if I have a bad radio.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Question Regarding retro/or build 23. Motorola and EDACS.

I also Have a question Regarding my 396xt unitrunker and using windows 7 pro 64 bit. i used to use unitrunker retro with the black screen and red and green config and loved it when decoding my 396t. Now circumstances have changed, ive changed OS to win 7 pro 64 bit i got the 396xt and i tried to use retro and got "closed without saving" and retro wouldnt open. so i went with a newer version of UT, which before now couldnt get working anyway even on xp with the 396t.. i still cant get 23 build of UT to work or hear the control channel, or decode it. It seems not as easy to pickup or decode as retro was. I need to know what im doing wrong? i prefer the setup retro had but looking at my options nothing really works on a 64bit OS. on a Toshiba Lappy. I also wondered if UT decodes EDACS and How Strong the signal Has to be to do so? I probably need step by step instructions for any of this since it seems im missing something... Thanks Just at a loss to figure this all out...

SCPD

QRT
There was a problem decoding from the 396XT. I can't remember if that is still an issue.

To get the program up and running, you need to configure one receiver as a signal source.

Here's some light reading to get you started ...

BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

UniTrunker | Windows

... and last, but not least is the Utah Radio Guide ...

UniTrunker Guide - UtahRadio

Receiver configuration offers lots of flexibility. You can configure your XT to be a decoding receiver or a voice following receiver (but not both at the same time).

For voice following, you'll need a second receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.