Update .p96 file for MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajohnson

Member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Middletown, MD
I am looking for .p96 files for primarily Frederick and Montgomery Counties, can anyone help?

In the lists above, I saw Mont. Co. in one and Fred. Co. in another. Should I just use both?
 

mstarn

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
Location
Clover, SC
Sajohnson,

Download both files. Open them both using WIN 96. Copy the banks to a "new" folder and save the folder using your unique name for it, then load that folder on your scanner. Just switch channels or have both channels or all of the channels (as desired) active.

All this can be confusing as you start scanning and using different software; however, it does get easier and better with a little practice and use. Ask a ton of questions, lots of folks are glad to help - they sure helped me and I've been told that I am helpless. Good luck scanning. :D :D :D
 

sajohnson

Member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Middletown, MD
mstarn:

Thanks!

I'm a technician but I work on Automatic Train Control equipment. My experience with computers, software, and new generation scanners is very limited.

Is Win96 included with the Pro-96 (I haven't gotten it yet). IIRC, it is an option. Is it only available thru RS?

When you say 'switch channels' you don't mean individual frequencies do you? I am used to my Pro-2006 (10 'banks' of up to 40 freqs each). I have a couple banks for Mont. Co., a couple for Frederick, and one or two for MSP. During my commute, I just switch between banks as appropriate.
 

baybum

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
88
Location
Howard County
File Dates

Good morning file-posters.
I was wondering if you could include the date in your file names?
I do this to my own p96 files to keep everything in order.

example: Vfolder5_July_19_04

It would really help since there is no other way that I can tell when the file was updated. The posting shows when it was posted, but not when the file was created.

Thanks to all. You've provided an invaluable service.

Mike
 

mlevin

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
33
Location
Baltimore, MD
I could do that but I would have to create a whole new zip file. Instead I just add the new info to the existing file. I guess I could save it to a new file and delete the old file. Note: The above is slightly revised.
 

mlevin

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
33
Location
Baltimore, MD
I'm not sure when I revised it, but it's different then the first file. The only difference is the talk around freq, and the TTY TG for AA Co. I may have made some more revisions but I don't remember where. That's all that's really diffferent.

Not much, it's just that Cohenner5377 asked for the file, my e-mail account was acting up at the time, so I just posted the updated zip file.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top