Update scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7rto

when multiple digital signals on the same frequency overlap, it can be impossible for a conventional receiver to correctly decode bits from the signal.
Bit decoding errors are not presently a concern, because Utah still uses a Type II. The project to upgrade has been met with delay after delay.

There are some P25 groups on our statewide system, all encrypted, but aprox. 95% of the traffic is analog FM.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
The simulcast that everyone says is a problem only applies to P25 digital simo locations. All our simo sites are analog and I've never had any problems base or mobile all over the place. Cheapo trunk trackers or SDS200, they all work. Now, if/when UCA goes P25, the situation may change.

halftime

Premium Subscriber

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Is that conditional based on funding availability, or is that a done deal now?

halftime

Premium Subscriber
Is that conditional based on funding availability, or is that a done deal now?
I'm certain funding will play a role, after all, it is based on public funds. The row Utah had with Harris winning the bid from Motorola was finally resolved in 2019, certainly delayed implementation, but last I've heard is moving to P25 is a done deal. Between the UCA911 website and paying attention to others (first responders) and budgets is the guide. I have no direct resources to give a more authoritative answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.