US Park Police alternate channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2wheel

Does anyone recall if US Park Police generally use channel 1 or 3 as an alternate channel during major incidents? Thanks,
-dc2wheel

dtscho

Database Admin
I think they use channel 1 as an alternate channel for major incidents, and channel 3 is assigned for general unit-to-unit talk. They always seem to use channel 1 for the July 4th fireworks, which is probably the biggest event of the year.

Dave

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I heard their helicopter Eagle 1, yesterday on what is listed as Ch. 4- 166.850. They were assisting with a rescue on Massanutten mountain. Sounded like simplex/ tech. to helo.

dc2wheel

tglendye said:
I heard their helicopter Eagle 1, yesterday on what is listed as Ch. 4- 166.850. They were assisting with a rescue on Massanutten mountain. Sounded like simplex/ tech. to helo.

Yeah, I've only ever heard ch. 4 being used as simplex - either between two nearby cars or between motor officers coordinating the daily closure/directional changes of Rock Creek Pkwy in DC. Interesting to hear of them so far out of the DC area - who were they communicating with on this channel concerning the rescue?

Thanks to all for the info on Ch. 1 & 3.

-dc2wheel

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
On the simplex channel the rescue tech & helicopter were communicating to each other. The local responders were on Med. Ch. 10... I think also heard Eagle 1 with the local responders on this channel. They did contact Shenandoah Nat'l Park on 166.900 during the flight and asked for Rockingham's operational channel information.

It's my understanding that the park service will fly to any County/ Jurisdication that boarders the park. I think they will fly pretty much anywhere, but if the locality does not boarder the park there is more gov't. red tape & requests to go through and it's not an automatic thing.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I forget you have to go into the fourm profile to receive new messages by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.