using freeScan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any know how to use freeScan to tell me what's in the scanner?

You didn't mention which scanner you have, but assuming it's one of the scanners that Freescan supports.......

From the top toolbar in freescan, click "Scanner", then "Download Programming".

Of course, you need to have the proper cable installed with the proper cable drivers first, and be sure the computer is communicating with the scanner..... if you haven't already done that.

Circa

Any know how to use freeScan to tell me what's in the scanner?

You didn't mention which scanner you have, but assuming it's one of the scanners that Freescan supports.......

From the top toolbar in freescan, click "Scanner", then "Download Programming".

Of course, you need to have the proper cable installed with the proper cable drivers first, and be sure the computer is communicating with the scanner..... if you haven't already done that.

Just wanted to add on to what fxdscon said.

Freescan works with Uniden SC230, BC246T, UBC3500XLT, BR330T, BCD396T, BC346XT(C), BCD396XT, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCT15 and BCD996T according to their website and confirmed working on my BC246T over RS232 serial cable.

After you have it connected do what fxdscon said:
Go to the Scanner menu and hit Download Programming.

Set up you COM port and rate that's set in the scanner.
(If you don't know it, click the COM port button then hit "Start Auto" and it will fill in everything.)

Onces that's setup, press Queue System List and it will show you all the systems on the scanner.

Check all (or the ones you want to import) and hit Start Download.
Once finished hit the bottom in the bottom right (I think it is Close or Done)

Freescan opens back up and your systems and groups are displayed in a tree.

Edit then go to then you can upload from the scanner menu in basically the same way you imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.