Using Priority Channels on TRX-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey1

I monitor about 14 conventional frequencies on my TRX-1 along with 2 P25 700-800 Trunked systems. I also have one conventional channel marked as priority and one trunked talk group marked as priority on system 1. No talk groups are marked as priority on system 2.

The settings in EZscan are priority mode on, interval is 3 seconds, and maximum channels per check equals 5.

The issue is that if there is traffic on trunked system 2, then priority never checks the priority talk group on trunked system 1. Is there any way to correct this behavior so that I'm assured that the talk group gets checked during priority?

Ubbe

EZ-Scan has a Help function that gives most of the info necessary for a user to know how the scanner operates.

Table Reference
If the channel is a talkgroup or radio ID, the priority check is done as a part of the decode of the control channel data and in some cases low speed data transmitted on the voice channel.

It means that it will only work in the same way as Uniden scanners do, it checks TG priority only when it's control channel are normally scanned and in some system types during another TG conversation in that system. It would take too much time to sync to the control channel and then decode the data to see if the prio TG are active, that info will only be transmitted it some data frames, and then return from prioscan.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.