Va. Beach Switch?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

robschonk

Have checked and rechecked everything and do not see any reason they should have stopped working.
May try reloading to see if that does not do it as I am out of ideas.

I'm having the same problem. On my PSR-800, the T is blinking, indicating trunking data for the ORION System, but I rarely hear anything. NPD SID and VBPD Dis 3 are all. I've got a wildcard in there.....

edit: never mind, getting it now.

Last edited:

PC_Medic

I'm having the same problem. On my PSR-800, the T is blinking, indicating trunking data for the ORION System, but I rarely hear anything. NPD SID and VBPD Dis 3 are all. I've got a wildcard in there.....

edit: never mind, getting it now.

Got mine working again by resending configuration to SD card. Not sure how (or what), but I must have inadvertantly changed some setting before when tinkering with settings on the radio.

Ktombus

For the Va Beach new Digtal system you olnet need the 4 800 mhz from site 102 and talk groups for Va beach.

bep

Premium Subscriber
There was an announcement today (Tuesday) that the analog system will go down. Unfortunately it dropped out and I did not get the time or date.

Time to buy a digital unit I guess.

D_Train

Hey guys and gals: Is anyone working on steaming a new feed for the digital cutover you've been talking about??? I don't have a digital (nor an analog) scanner, just the good ol' internet, and I can't really ascertain if any of you are able to listen - thanks.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Funny, I looked today for a feed and the two original ones are gone. My guess they do not have a digital scanner.

SCPD

QRT
I think it is funny that the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th precincts are still coming over the analog channels on my 346XT. Maybe I will go get a Pro 197 tomorrow since it is on sale for $349.00.( I read to many BAD reviews for the 396/996 radio's to buy either radio) The only way I knew yesterday that Engine 3 had a kitchen fire b/c they sent EMS there for a burn pt.

Mark

VFN078

I'm thinking about buying a new scanner to replace the PRO-96. The
dilemma is should I go with a PRO-106 or a PSR-500 or 800? I know the
106 and 500 are basically the same other than cosmetic differences.
Thoughts? Opinions?

SCPD

QRT
I saw in the Radio Shack fourm problems when charging the batteries with the 106 when you plugged in the power cord the radio would shut off. Dont remember whatelse was said.

Mark

tojohnso

I have the Pro-106 and it works great. The issue with charging the batteries is it never seems to stop. Or, it only times the charging while it is actually on - but resumes when you turn it off. Whatever the issue is, I don't charge my batteries in the unit. If I plug it in, I either pull the batteries out, or have the black non-charging battery pack in. You "should" have the same issues as the PSR-500.

As for which one to get, I would stay with the 106 or 500. The 800 doesn't have a keyboard on it and thus less options if you are away from your computer. The key difference between the 106 and 500 is the options one affords over the other. The 500 comes with the a/c charger and I believe the programming cable. Check the price compared to the 106 and individual costs against the cost of the 500.

-Tom

dingo3497

I also only use the internet for listening. Is it going back up anytime soon? The Va.Beach Police was the main reason I joined. Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Looks like 45872 is now gone. Now listening to 155.1750 for EMS. Guess I will have to break down and get a digital. 1st,2nd,3rd,4th Precinct still active on analog.

Mark

Navycop

Looks like 45872 is now gone. Now listening to 155.1750 for EMS. Guess I will have to break down and get a digital. 1st,2nd,3rd,4th Precinct still active on analog.

Mark

I have no problem listening to VA Beach PD on my PRO-95. I can not hear EMS or Fire. I do pick them up on the 800mhz to the hospital.

bep

Premium Subscriber
I have everything working well. Receiving fire, PD and EMS. Audio is terrible sounding, but I think it is something we have to endure. Using a RS 197

SCPD

QRT
NO... The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Precinct are still coming across my 346XT... Wonder why they are still coming across on analog?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.