Va. Beach Switch?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlamb1

I have listened to Norfolk and VB police online in the past, but now that it seems like there is no place to listen to VB PD online I am interested in buying a digital scanner. Since I'm new to this whole thing I am not sure what all I will need. Will a scanner work fine or do I need an antenna also? Also is there a certain type of scanner I should look for? I know they can be expensive and I don't want to buy the wrong kind.

I know these are pretty basic questions, but I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice/teach me the ropes a bit.

Thanks,
Rob

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to Forum

VaBeach is still using the analog Motorola system but appears to be heading to ORION 700MHz P25 system which is digital.

I use GRE made scanners. PSR's 500/600/800 and Pro's 106/197 also made by GRE. However, BC396/996 scanners by Uniden should work also.

Navycop

I have listened to Norfolk and VB police online in the past, but now that it seems like there is no place to listen to VB PD online I am interested in buying a digital scanner. Since I'm new to this whole thing I am not sure what all I will need. Will a scanner work fine or do I need an antenna also? Also is there a certain type of scanner I should look for? I know they can be expensive and I don't want to buy the wrong kind.

I know these are pretty basic questions, but I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice/teach me the ropes a bit.

Thanks,
Rob

I can still pick up VB PD on my analog Pro-95. I can't seem to get firedept. I can listen to EMS on the 100 frequencies.

rlamb1

I can still pick up VB PD on my analog Pro-95. I can't seem to get firedept. I can listen to EMS on the 100 frequencies.

so I picked up a Pro-94, how do I tune in to the different precincts? dispatches?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
On a pro-94 you can listen to the old system, new system is totally digital, some precincts are still using the old system, Pro-94 will not scan digital

Navycop

Was listening to the pro-95 tonite. It seems the VBPD is now digital. I didn't hear nothing the whole 8 hrs except when the ambulance called the hospital on the 800.

tensbar

Premium Subscriber
Anyone want to earn some cash programing my scanner

We have a radio shack pro 197 scanner we used to use to listen to VBPD, which after the switch no longer works and someone decided to screw with it. I can not find a service merchant that will program scanners, if anyone can recommend someplace to take it, or wants to earn extra cash by doing it please let me know. Tips, links and information are not required as I have lost enough hair trying to figure it out myself.

tensbar

Premium Subscriber
if anyone wants to make some money programing a pro 197 for va beach before I smash it with a sledge hammer please msg me

Ktombus

I can program your PRO-197 for you. If you can not get done let me know.

KTOMBUS I am in virginia beach

SCPD

QRT
did you not click on it ?? It says D for all TG's and the system voice it says APCO 25.Yes it's only for Digital scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.