VERIFY TRX2 IS ACTUALLY CONNECTED...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Sometimes my trx2 decides it wants to log my search recording hits sometimes it doesnt by i guess not connecting to the PC. How does one verify that its actually recording? I might have it on and I think its connected and logging for 2 days and find there are no audio files??? Somedays it connects and records my hits very frustrating to say the least at least with Uniden I can verify via proscan freescan by turning squelch to see if its logging the hits thanks

Reconrider

So when you want to actually check the hit count, you have to read the scanner and then you can see it update.

If you want audio recordings, you have to enable it on ezscan.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
When I connect to this program I cant verify if its actually logging and or recording or not. Seems confusing sorry

Attachments

• W.jpg
    W.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 15

Ubbe

As I understand there's no live function in EZ-Scan. It can only fetch what have already been saved in the recorded files and you have nop control over if it is recording or not.

Go into the scanners menu and select Playback and you can use the selector knob to step thru the recordings that are on the SD card and also listen to them if you use the SEL button.

Each object in the scanner, frequency or TG's can be set to do recordings. Check if you have ticked the box in EZ-Scan for the objects you wish to record. The help file says:
"The Global Enable controls the recording feature of your scanner. If this option is set to Enabled, any channels that have been set to record will be recorded when they become active. If this option is set to disabled, no audio will be recorded."

/Ubbe

phantomcrow

Retired LE
@Ubbe thx thats why i like my sds100 and other Unidens for this reason because its live. I have set global already to record but maybe its my PC some days Ill have everything hokked up and i think its recording the hits and when i look nothing is there

Ubbe

You probably have Proscan or ARC for your Uniden scanners but besides that I prefere Whistlers way where I can set exactly what I want to record, be it a special TG or every TG that are unknown to me. Unidens record function just records everything or nothing.

Copy your current EZ-Scan configuration to a new free V-scanner slot and then read the scanner and check that your mark for recordings are still there for the obljects. Check that you do not have the same frequencies or system TG in different scan lists and you are actually scanning the wrong list that are not set to do recordings.

/Ubbe

Reconrider

When I connect to this program I cant verify if its actually logging and or recording or not. Seems confusing sorry
You have to connect the scanner to the computer.
Then you click "copy configuration from scanner/SD Card"

I don't remember my trx1 having a hit counter but it's completely useless anyway - serves no purpose.

To get any audio recording, you have to actually click the "record" radioBox under the "rec" column.
You can select everything at once (CTRL + A) and then click the record radioBox and do everything at once to make it easier.

I took a picture if you can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.