Hello All.
If I want to decode WEFAX with my SDRplay, do I need to download a virtual ausio cable program, and if so which one is the best to use?
Sheldon.
SDRPlay does not decode anything, that is handled by a separate program. First, you need to capture your tuner's baseband signal with a program like SDR# or SDRUno, tune to the proper frequency and route the baseband signal to the actual decoder program. Then you need to find a program to decode WEFAX, you
may want to start here. I'm not sure if SDRUno supports routing your signal to other programs via TCP (i.e. like FMP24 does).
However, even if you can pipe out your final baseband signal via TCP, the ultimate decoder program must also support TCP routing on the input side, and AFAIK very few programs (DSD+ is one) support this. Most programs seem to only support traditional soundcard inputs. If your chosen WEFAX decoder program doesn't support TCP, then you will need to route the signal via sound card. You can always start with VB-Cable (free version) to route your audio signal in the appropriate manner. If you start needing multiple virtual cables, it may be best to buy Virtual Audio Cable. However, to get started I would just use VB-Cable.