Volusia County 800MHz System changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu4c

While the FCC may list 5 sites, the EDAC system for the county is a 3 site system. In listening to the communications on the county system they will make reference to A or B. The third site Daytona Beach is used on some ocassions. The main communication will come on A or B. The other sites may have other uses besides the EDACS public safety system. One that comes to mind is the county prison. They are on their own system and not part of the 800 EDACS.

That is not quite the whole story. The word "site" can and has caused confusion. There are 3 "systems" on VC PUB SFTY TR. System 1/A West Side and System 2/B East side. (3rd system discussed below) If you are located on the East Side you only need to upload System 2/B frequencies to your scanner. That is what I have on mine. I am beachside in NE Volusia. I am able to hear FIRE TGs from the entire county. I hear both East side and West side traffic just fine. I don't monitor LEO so I cannot speak to that.
In fact, according to FCC ULS data, there are 11 sites (tower/antenna locations) authorized in Volusia County.
Each is authorized the same 30 frequency pairs. Based on RR Database, I "assume" that locations on the West side use system A/1 frequencies and locations on the East side use System B/2 frequencies. Talk groups from both sides of the County can be heard on both Systems. Some one please confirm on the LEO side.
Also, the Orange City site only is authorized 3 additional frequency pairs. They are not listed in the RR Database and I am too far to monitor them. Anyone local to OC able to help?
The third "system" (Daytona Beach) listed on RR Database has only a single location in Holly Hill according to FCC ULS data. It is rarely used and I have no direct experience with it. Can any one provide more info on this system?
To recap West side towers use system 1/A frequencies. East side towers use system 2/B frequencies, All FIRE Talk Groups use both systems simultaneously and I "assume" that holds true for other (LEO) talk groups as well. Comments and corrections are welcome.
I have put together a 2 page word document and an EXCEL matrix. If you would like a copy contact me via email.
Paul, NU4C

dbrock411

3rd system

Paul - the third system is known as the "Event System", used by Daytona PD and assisting agencies for the former BCR weekend. Now that BCR is no longer, I'm not sure if it's used other rarely for some other special event.

As to your questions about LEO's being simulcast, a good portion of them are (i.e. Ormond PD is on both the A and B systems) but some, like Daytona PD, are only on one system (the B system for them).

N4GOA

swstow

Premium Subscriber
Paul - the third system is known as the "Event System", used by Daytona PD and assisting agencies for the former BCR weekend. Now that BCR is no longer, I'm not sure if it's used other rarely for some other special event.

As to your questions about LEO's being simulcast, a good portion of them are (i.e. Ormond PD is on both the A and B systems) but some, like Daytona PD, are only on one system (the B system for them).

N4GOA

events channel is used starting at the rolex 24hr and ends after what was BCR / has been that way from when 800 system went online and i dont think that will change anytime soon, used alot by the motors, part-timers and traffic control officers during the event season

DickH

While the FCC may list 5 sites, the EDAC system for the county is a 3 site system. In listening to the communications on the county system they will make reference to A or B. The third site Daytona Beach is used on some ocassions. The main communication will come on A or B. The other sites may have other uses besides the EDACS public safety system. One that comes to mind is the county prison. They are on their own system and not part of the 800 EDACS.

I suspect the Daytona Beach site is an Intellirepeater site and you hear only the units affiliated to that site.
A closer look at the FCC database shows the 5 sites located at; Orange City, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Delcon Springs and Deltona.

The database also lists 3 freqs. that are not part of the main system, but part of site 1. They might be simplex freqs. used for portable to portable comms, or when units are in buildings that shield them from reaching the repeaters. Here in Portland, OR we use our simplex freqs. often at fires in downtown buildings.

spotbeams

Thanks Trux911 and the rest of the members here. I have both Pro94's A and B . Still not working yet? I am sure the problem is on this end.Lol I miss my scanner traffic in Deltona and On the Edacs trunk list it shows Red control ch.on A? . I must be doing something wrong? I am not the best at trunking scanners but I can program them. I wonder if the stepping changed on the Pro94? I am disabled and depend on them to help the police when I can . Caught 3 guys doing crimes in my area so far the last few years and all 3 are now in jail doing lots of time.Thanks to all of you helping myself and other members.

suess13

I have a pro-97 mine also went dead, I ended using the automated download feature inside of the win97 application to download the update from RR database.

VOLUSIA A 855.212500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 856.737500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 857.262500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 855.987500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 858.762500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 859.737500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 860.712500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 855.737500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 856.762500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 857.737500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 858.712500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 859.487500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 860.262500 EDACS 0.0
VOLUSIA A 860.762500 EDACS 0.0

shadcall

I have all 3 sites or systems loaded on my scanner, A, B, and Daytona Beach and receive everything just fine. I did make the change in control channels that has taken place on A and B.

stevetracey

Please help I have a Pro 162 scanner and I live in Volusia county Florida. I know they changed a couple of there trunking frequencies. I did go in and change them, but for some reason it gets the channels like it used to but now I am getting this buzzing sound after someone talks. The only way to stop it is either press the scan or take the antenna off and put it back on. Can some one tell me whats going and if I did something wrong????? I miss my channnels
I also program my radio with my PC using Scancat thats where I changed the numbers and reloaded the radio.

suess13

steve you may have a digital talkgroup added by accident, you can lock these talkgroups out usually on the scanner. Also with EDACS, I believe the first channel number "00" is not used, and the order of the channels makes a difference, I am using the channels in logical order from the RR database.

stevetracey

To Suess 13

Thanks for the help I will give that a try. See everything was working before those two numbers changed last week. Ill double check What I have done wrong. I have the whole program in scancat lite I did change the two numbers but as far as the order there in Im not sure????

shadcall

Please help I have a Pro 162 scanner and I live in Volusia county Florida. I know they changed a couple of there trunking frequencies. I did go in and change them, but for some reason it gets the channels like it used to but now I am getting this buzzing sound after someone talks. The only way to stop it is either press the scan or take the antenna off and put it back on. Can some one tell me whats going and if I did something wrong????? I miss my channnels
I also program my radio with my PC using Scancat thats where I changed the numbers and reloaded the radio.

What frequency are you getting the noise on? I know after the change I was getting noise on one of the channels so I locked it out and everything works fine. You might try that and see what happens.

shadcall

steve you may have a digital talkgroup added by accident, you can lock these talkgroups out usually on the scanner. Also with EDACS, I believe the first channel number "00" is not used, and the order of the channels makes a difference, I am using the channels in logical order from the RR database.

He would not have a digital talkgroup. The scanner he has cannot pick up digital systems.

stevetracey

To Shadcall

It seems like its happening a lot on the 855.9875 it has a very noisy transmission sound it bounces around on the channels I could be listening for example to LE 2 and then it goes out or I could be listening to LE3 ect everything's fine then it goes to that noise and I have to hit the scan button for it to stop.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
have Pro-106 that went silent, need some hands on help to make changes for volusia county system to get it working, I live in Port Orange

I tried to pm you and email you but you have them disabled in your forum control panel.

shadcall

have Pro-106 that went silent, need some hands on help to make changes for volusia county system to get it working, I live in Port Orange

Have you made the changes in the control channel that took place at the beginning of the month. The RR database has the correct info. There are only 2 changes, one on the A system, one on the B. Make those changes and you should be back up and running. If you need further help, let me know as I live in Port Orange as well.

suess13

Just wanted to comment, i had a similar issue a while back and it took me forever to fix it. you may be picking up a data channel, I have had issues with a few talk groups while monitoring Seminole county. Such talk groups 07632 07664 07696 and 04432. I've had a similar issue with Volusia county, just try and watch if a certain talk group is display when you hear the strange noise. Then lock out this single talkgroup, it's usually easier using software to do this, but can be done on the scanner by hitting the right keys. the other thing I've done is I only monitor the Volusia system A, Volusia B is located further from my house in Debary and doesn't not come in very well. Volusia System A is coming in pretty clear.

thanks,
Jeff

shadcall

I am not under that restriction and there is no such receiving restriction for new users.

This is copied from a post by Wayne H, forums manager regarding new members.

Attention new members who have yet to post or have received a message that your posts are being moderated:

When one first creates a new account on these forums your posts are set for moderation. This means your posts are put in a queue that forum moderators review on a regular basis and approve as needed. Additionally, your account is not permitted to use the following: email a member, send private messages, post visitor messages or use signatures. Currently we are not disclosing the number of posts that need approval before the account is upgraded to normal status, which enables the above features. This is to thwart those that read this post and make that specific number of fake posts to bypass this system. Also, keep in mind that posts to the Tavern forums do not count toward your post count.

Here is the link for this.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fo...68-attention-all-new-members.html#post1544112

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.