Volusia County 800MHz System changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob357

Jeff:

What antenna are you using in that Volusia B is not coming in well at your house? I am using a Discone Antenna mounted on a pole at 24 feet and i have full scale signal on all systems, Volusia A, Volusia B, Daytona. I live in Holly Hill.

Regards
Rob357

mk262

Premium Subscriber
This is copied from a post by Wayne H, forums manager regarding new members.

Attention new members who have yet to post or have received a message that your posts are being moderated:

When one first creates a new account on these forums your posts are set for moderation. This means your posts are put in a queue that forum moderators review on a regular basis and approve as needed. Additionally, your account is not permitted to use the following: email a member, send private messages, post visitor messages or use signatures. Currently we are not disclosing the number of posts that need approval before the account is upgraded to normal status, which enables the above features. This is to thwart those that read this post and make that specific number of fake posts to bypass this system. Also, keep in mind that posts to the Tavern forums do not count toward your post count.

Here is the link for this.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fo...68-attention-all-new-members.html#post1544112

I don't know if you're trying to be smarty pants or actually helpful, but you aren't reading what I'm saying or it's not clear.

1. I have enough posts I'm not under a pm restriction.
2. The person I'm trying to send a pm and email to has it disabled in their user cp in vbulletin.
3. We're talking about his ability to receive, not my ability to send.

shadcall

I don't know if you're trying to be smarty pants or actually helpful, but you aren't reading what I'm saying or it's not clear.

1. I have enough posts I'm not under a pm restriction.
2. The person I'm trying to send a pm and email to has it disabled in their user cp in vbulletin.
3. We're talking about his ability to receive, not my ability to send.

We are getting off topic, but you indicated you tried to PM brider2 regarding his problem receiving Volusia County. If you notice it was his first post. Therefore he is under the restriction and cannot receive PM's. My apologies if you were trying to PM someone else who may not be under the restriction. I have no idea what you mean when you say he has it "disabled in their user cp in vbulletin." What I am talking about is when you click on a users name there is an option to send a PM to them. That option is not there for new users.

Last edited:

mk262

Premium Subscriber
We are getting off topic, but you indicated you tried to PM brider2 regarding his problem receiving Volusia County. If you notice it was his first post. Therefore he is under the restriction and cannot receive PM's. My apologies if you were trying to PM someone else who may not be under the restriction.

The restriction only applies to sending them. Not receiving.

shadcall

Ok, all you are showing me is anohter way to contact a member rather than click on their name within the forum. I am still saying he is locked out from receiving email or PM's because he is a new member. Show me something in writing from RR that says a new member can receive emails and PM's. Until that happens I will be of the opinion I have expressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I stopped providing a live feed because I don't want to encourage any of the local agencies (specifically DBPD) to encrypt. About half of my average listeners used cell phones and those are the ones I was concerned about. Unfortunately RR does not let you disable the API that allows phone apps to plug into their audio feeds.

Time and again when agencies encrypt they name mobile phone usage of scanner apps as the reason. I decided to stop being a potential catalyst for that and I'd encourage you to do the same.

alanlungs2

Then why don't we just shut down RR or stop paying for RR. If everyone thought your way there would be no feeds at all. Just because a few LEO's want to operate as secret agents afraid to let their bosses, and I mean we taxpayers from keeping a watch on them. They blow out of proportions the few nogoodniks using phones to evade them. If you don't want to provide the LEO feeds then just broadcast Fire and EMS feeds. And by the way Daytona as much as they would like you to think it is, is not the biggest city in the county

wise871

Database Admin
The images on this post are HUGE resulting in the post not to fit in the browser. Can someone reduce them.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Then why don't we just shut down RR or stop paying for RR. If everyone thought your way there would be no feeds at all. Just because a few LEO's want to operate as secret agents afraid to let their bosses, and I mean we taxpayers from keeping a watch on them. They blow out of proportions the few nogoodniks using phones to evade them. If you don't want to provide the LEO feeds then just broadcast Fire and EMS feeds. And by the way Daytona as much as they would like you to think it is, is not the biggest city in the county

Volusia already has a fire and ems feed, so I don't know why I would duplicate that.

You can think whatever you like but the past two encryption cases I've read (DC and Pasadena CA) both encrypted over cell phone scanner apps. There are plenty others out there too.

shadcall

Ben Johnson, the sheriff for Volusia County is on record as being against encryption of the counties radio signals. On the other hand Mike Chitwood, Daytona Beach chief of police, is in favor of it. Ben Johnson is so open about it that he posts the 10 codes/signals for the county on the Sheriff's home page. Lake County and all of the cities there are encrypted because the sheriff wants to. It has nothing to do with criminals using cell phones. So regardless of cell phone apps, Volusia will remain in the clear.

spotbeams

Ok I have a update and lets get back on the topic of:Volusia County 800MHz System changes

In the last 3 weeks late at night I hear them testing all kinds of stuff on our freqs here in Deltona .? We were also getting lots of static on some channels ?One morning about 2 weeks ago i hear them say after saying TESTING about 500 times! Ok all is now up to date and should be working fine?

I took both of my Pro94 A/B scanners and held the 2 and 9 keys down and turned them on. Then I went to the freq list on RR and input the Edacs list in order. Now all is working fine and no more problems. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.