Volusia County EDACS and P25 (00A.91F82)

Seanm214

Does anybody know if the Volusia County Sheriffs office dispatches for DeLand police and New Smyrna Beach police? Also does anybody have a list of police codes for the Volusia County police?

edweirdFL

was the Events system in the RR dB at one time and then removed? if so - submit it. we do have a way to add them.

i concur with your assessment above - back to EDACS for race weekend would be a good bet.

Yes it was the "Daytona" site.

It's Thursday before the Labor Day weekend and the events system is still up. Biketoberfest is scheduled for mid-October. I'm thinking it might make sense to remove Site 2 Holly Hill from the Volusia P25 system, and restore the Daytona site to the EDACS system so the RR db matches the current reality.

Does anybody know if the Volusia County Sheriffs office dispatches for DeLand police and New Smyrna Beach police? Also does anybody have a list of police codes for the Volusia County police?
The Wiki has a pretty good list of what you're looking for. Look up Volusia County FL and you should get most of what you need. The Database also shows who gets dispatched on what talkgroup. We also have a countywide Sheriff's Office, not a police department. Municipalities may have their own police departments.

Last edited:

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Now noticing that the VCFS dispatch simulcast (TG 301) on the P25 system is now Phase 2 instead of Phase 1 as the SDS100 says P25P2 on the transmissions and the audio quality seems better.

Now noticing that the VCFS dispatch simulcast (TG 301) on the P25 system is now Phase 2 instead of Phase 1 as the SDS100 says P25P2 on the transmissions and the audio quality seems better.
Are you hearing that only on the Sanford site, or have they put Holly Hill back on?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I will certainly try to help you with DSD+ —- but right off the bat, you are going to need the paid version of DSD to work on a P25 Phase 2 system like Volusia. DSD calls this “fast lane” - their words for the paid version - 25$ for a lifetime subscription

Doug

mk262

Premium Subscriber
On the edacs west system, LCN 6 of 859.73750, is that still accurate? Every talkgroup that gets assigned to that channel sounds like static to me. Reception on the other voice channels is fine.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I have never understood why some repeaters on a trunked system come in poorly while others are fine.

Same antenna, same transmission line, same combiner, same propagation path to my antenna. Weird.

The only thing I can figure is that something is amiss in the combiner, like a mis-tuned cavity filter or a leaky circulator.

I have never understood why some repeaters on a trunked system come in poorly while others are fine.

Same antenna, same transmission line, same combiner, same propagation path to my antenna. Weird.

The only thing I can figure is that something is amiss in the combiner, like a mis-tuned cavity filter or a leaky circulator.
No, they're not the same antenna. What happens is that trunked systems combine transmitters and use a receiver multicoupler. The multicoupler usually has a towertop preamp and a distribution amplifier with filter networks that minimize the loss of splitting the signal between however many receivers there are in the system.

The transmitters lose a certain percentage of power into the antenna with each combined transmitter. This is minimized by frequency separation between the ports, but that might not always be possible. It is also minimized by limiting how many transmitters combine into that one antenna.

So, what tends to happen is that a number of repeaters is combined into one antenna, and a number of repeaters is combined into a second antenna (and sometimes a third, except I see VC using three antennas, if one is multicoupled receive, two would be combined transmit).

You probably hear the transmitters that are combined into antenna #1 clearly, but the ones that are combined into #2 are somewhat garbled or sound like static crashes. What's going on is that distance between one antenna and the other are different enough at your exact antenna location that #1 is capturing or adding to the simulcast signals you are receiving, whereas #2 has multipath or phase distortion from being a few feet different. If you change location, that all goes away because that new location is probably outside of the simulcast overlap area and is not being affected by multipath.

"Real" portables are not as critical in receive because of things engineered into their radio to compensate for this. Scanners are more basic (even if they are I/Q type demodulators) and do not process the fading or distortion as well as one of the actual subscriber units. That's why it doesn't bother them much.

Your solution is to get an outside antenna up in the clear, a Yagi is best, and point it directly at one of the tower sites. There is usually one close by, although some of them use directional antennas and they may not be pointed in your direction.

gadep

Premium Subscriber
So after doing some looking and monitoring I've found some different frequencies but I don't have a control channel and looks like a possible new tower on the p25

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
So after doing some looking and monitoring I've found some different frequencies but I don't have a control channel and looks like a possible new tower on the p25

There are a lot of frequencies associated with that callsign. I tried browsing thru them with DSD + and didn't find a CC on any of them in Flagler county.

gadep

Premium Subscriber
There are a lot of frequencies associated with that callsign. I tried browsing thru them with DSD + and didn't find a CC on any of them in Flagler county.
hmm interesting. But I've gotten 2 hits for radio techs off the tower in Flagler county that's mostly been it. Its hard trying to get the Sandford sites on the east side without getting another p25 system from another area

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
hmm interesting. But I've gotten 2 hits for radio techs off the tower in Flagler county that's mostly been it. Its hard trying to get the Sandford sites on the east side without getting another p25 system from another area

Do you know what frequencies you heard the system techs on?

gadep

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what frequencies you heard the system techs on?
It was on the Flagler site the license has it listed as Bunnell tower 2 I can’t remember the Exact frequency I got it off of but it was that tower but no audio

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
It was on the Flagler site the license has it listed as Bunnell tower 2 I can’t remember the Exact frequency I got it off of but it was that tower but no audio

What were you using to monitor? Maybe the radio techs are ENC?

WQWG235 has 30 frequencies in total according to the FCC ULS listing. I plugged them all into SDR Trunk and haven't heard a peep in a few days. Also according to that listing looks like the tower might be located on S Old Dixie, Right on the Flagler/Volusia line. All frequencies have a 9K70F1E ("P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation “WCQPSK” voice (per Harris MASTR-V literature).") emission.