Website update

Mophead

Premium Subscriber
Has BTT posted any status updates about where to get technical support and the P25micro-II? I sold my P25RX-II and want to make sure that the new owner can get support if needed. The radio is flashed with the Advanced firmware, so at least he has a link to that thread. He got it Friday and hasn't said anything, so I'm thinking that it works fine on VIPER.
Looks like he's giving up on everything. He stated on his web page he will be selling his test gear and equipment. Sad day for everyone.

FreqNout

All of the btt radio stable software is still on his web site where they always have been.

His support email has not changed.

If something changes in customer software support he certainly would post updates on his web site.

His home page now includes links to his open source software.

pcman67

Radio and electronics enthusiast since the ‘70’s
Premium Subscriber
Alas, nothing lasts forever and it saddens me to hear BlueTail Technologies has thrown in the towel. BTT radios were innovative, easy to use, and most importantly had close to subscriber quality P25 reception that handled simulcast conditions with ease that was as good or better than any other scanner out there at the present time and the performance you got for the money was unbeatable in my opinion.

I’m going to continue enjoying my BTT products for years to come and I plan to look into modifying the open source software sometime in the future and as time allows to tailor and/or add features to my own personal liking - that’s the beauty of open source software. I hope others will do the same as well and keep breathing new life into these fabulous little devices.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
One day the truth will be known as to what transpired.. Just be careful who you listen to on here.. Some aren't as they seem.. Nuf said

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
One day the truth will be known as to what transpired.. Just be careful who you listen to on here.. Some aren't as they seem.. Nuf said
There are always two sides to a story.
Well, that's the entire Internet. Have to be careful with everyone.
Well said. Sometimes you can't judge a person by the persona they present on a forum.

At this point, further discussion on what transpired is off-topic. Thanks.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
FYI.. Bluetail Technologies has a Facebook page.. Go LIKE it and follow..
True but he seems to post more on his web site than FB. His last post on FB was over 2.5 years ago. Maybe that will change.

belvdr

He has been banned from RR.. Its either Facebook or his webpage.. Hes not allowed here anymore..
Those points have been discussed previously and that's neither here nor there. My point was he has not communicated on FB in over 2.5 years. Might be best to email him.

pcman67

Premium Subscriber
I was last in contact with him (Todd) 8 days ago. He said he’s been sick with COVID/strep/flu but was starting to feel better.

He said the MCU for the P25RX-II is scheduled to become available again at the end of March and he said if that happens, he has enough parts to build 15-20 units and was considering selling them on e-bay.

He had plans for a followup to the P25RX-II, but some parts he had in his new design are now out of stock and not available until later in the year, so it’s uncertain what the future holds in terms of a followup product.

That’s all I know. It’s best to check the BlueTail Technologies website under the “news” section for any updates at the present time. I get the feeling that software/firmware updates for existing products may be on hold for now until he decides the direction he wants to take in terms of generating an income.

belvdr

I don't think you realize how bad it was and has been. We didn't make the decision lightly.
So many things go on behind closed doors, such that any typical forum member, like myself, shouldn't come to any judgement. I saw some drunken posts in the public forum to another user that were eye opening. An apology was given, but it didn't sit well with me, not that it had to. I tend to hold vendors to a higher standard when it comes to customer service.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I was last in contact with him (Todd) 8 days ago. He said he’s been sick with COVID/strep/flu but was starting to feel better.

He said the MCU for the P25RX-II is scheduled to become available again at the end of March and he said if that happens, he has enough parts to build 15-20 units and was considering selling them on e-bay.

He had plans for a followup to the P25RX-II, but some parts he had in his new design are now out of stock and not available until later in the year, so it’s uncertain what the future holds in terms of a followup product.

That’s all I know. It’s best to check the BlueTail Technologies website under the “news” section for any updates at the present time. I get the feeling that software/firmware updates for existing products may be on hold for now until he decides the direction he wants to take in terms of generating an income.
Any update?

pcman67

Premium Subscriber
I've not heard anything further from him. I even created a free forum for him that is somewhat similar to the RR forums and just did some real basic setup on it and sent him the link and admin credentials to the forum and he said he would "use the forum for sure" but that's the last I've heard. That was a few weeks ago.

The forum I created is here but there has been no activity on it yet. I just registered an account on those forums for myself a few minutes ago -- maybe if others do that and start posting, it might get Todd more engaged -- who knows?

Last edited:

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I've not heard anything further from him. I even created a free forum for him that is somewhat similar to the RR forums and just did some real basic setup on it and sent him the link and admin credentials to the forum and he said he would "use the forum for sure" but that's the last I've heard. That was a few weeks ago.

The forum I created is here but there has been no activity on it yet. I just registered an account on those forums for myself a few minutes ago -- maybe if others do that and start posting, it might get Todd more engaged -- who knows?
Hope he is ok!