Wescom Encryption

Elpato

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
48
Well we have the fun and dynamic world of....... Metra Police!!!!
If memory serves me right.. Dan O'Shea was part of Elgin when they switched, he bought encryption to Rockford.. I wouldn't be as optimistic..
 

Omie09

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Does anyone know if Lockport/Crest Hill PD is going encrypted? Seems to be the last clear police dispatch on WESCOM as of now.
 

RoninJoliet

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
3,608
Reaction score
433
Location
ILL
So far Lockport/ Cresthill are in the open, I figure there police chiefs want to remain this way as all the rest of Wescom PD are " ENC"
 

Omie09

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
That, and the delayed broadcasts. I'm hoping DU-COMM stays in the clear for as long as possible, same with Will county sheriff.
 

Omie09

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Plainfield just stopped patching with Lockport/Crest hill PD at night. I would listen to the patch after about 10:30PM, and hear everything unencrypted. I guess someone just realized.
 

RoninJoliet

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
3,608
Reaction score
433
Location
ILL
Lockport /Cresthill dispatch TG 33911 so far still in the clear ?
 

Omie09

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
2
Lockport and Crest hill are on Event 1 TG. Does anyone know why? They are in the clear on that channel right now. Hopefully not encrypting...
 

RoninJoliet

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
3,608
Reaction score
433
Location
ILL
Ya they have held off , maybe one of the police chiefs doesn't like ENC but I figure they maybe re tooling TG 33911
 
Top