Western North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Any western NC listeners on here who can tell me how much VIPER activity there is off the four towers located in the western part of NC? I'm a very frequent visitor to Macon County and would love to know

N8IAA

Metrofire31 said:
Any western NC listeners on here who can tell me how much VIPER activity there is off the four towers located in the western part of NC? I'm a very frequent visitor to Macon County and would love to know

Use 42mhz, last time up, nothing on VIPER.
Larry

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
The Asheville tower may have some activity on it, but SHP still uses Low band in the other areas as far as I know. Once it gets built up in WNC, I guess they will utilize it more. I would surmise that NCSHP will probably be the only user in most of WNC because a lot of the counties just do not have the funding to put all public safety comms on VIPER.

db76662

Premium Subscriber
In Watauga County NCSHP is on low band. Supposedly there's a repeater around Boone for VIPER, but I can't find a Control Channel.

Last edited:

padre29

Viper transmission show up occasionally in WNC/Asheville, short ones for the most part.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
City of Asheville will interop on VIPER as they are upgrading the system there to digital capable.. going slow from what I am hearing from friends that still live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.