• AOR

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Icom

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

I use Uniden as well - currently have a BC780XLT, BCT15, a couple of BC560XLTs, a BC147 and BC148XLT, BC246T handheld and a few others Im sure. I have a few of the lower end PRO series tabletop Radio Shack units which I have no complaints about either.

I would like to try a GRE sometime, they have a couple of nice looking base units.

I also have an ICOM IC-R2 handheld receiver, and quite frequently listen with my Yaesu VX-5R.

Ultimately though, the best stuff is /\/\otorola equipment for listening.

zz0468

QRT
Banned

Indeed... I noticed that there isn't a selection for that. I use the 'company' issue APX7000 and XTL5000 for all my non-amateur listening needs.

rwier

No option for more than one brand? I use several scanners, the brand is not important, all are doing their duty satisfactorily, or better, lol. Looking forward to the next "white bread" breakthrough, lol.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I am using brands not listed plus there is no option to select more than one. The poll would be more accurate to have a place to enter the number of scanners of each brand some of us are using.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Right now I have all Uniden scanners,so its Uniden for me.

SCPD

QRT
the poll was for what scanner you PREFER. so... if you don't like the poll dont vote....

mjw357

RS PRO-93, it's the only one I currently have. Previous scanner was a Realistic 6-channel crystal scanner, gave that one to my young nephew a few years back to play with.

r_eugene1

I am using (2) Pro-94 handheld scanners and a Pro-2052 base scanner which does good for monitoring our 800 mhz EDACS Standard system. Although I am afraid that I may have to purchase a digital scanner when our county gets their new communications system in about a year or so. Then I will have to decide on what scanners will do for my area.

Tracker

I use Uniden as well - currently have a BC780XLT, BCT15, a couple of BC560XLTs, a BC147 and BC148XLT, BC246T handheld and a few others Im sure. I have a few of the lower end PRO series tabletop Radio Shack units which I have no complaints about either.

I would like to try a GRE sometime, they have a couple of nice looking base units.

I also have an ICOM IC-R2 handheld receiver, and quite frequently listen with my Yaesu VX-5R.

Moto makes scanner?.am a total newb

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Moto makes scanner?.am a total newb

No. They make radios that scan.

Trade all your neat scanner features for RF performance. In return you'll get a nearly crunch-proof receiver, scan only 16 talk groups at a time, and the privilege of either buying expensive programming software, or knowing someone else who has. And you need to know what you're doing to keep out of trouble.

maalox

uniden all the way my main scanner is the bcd996xt along with 2 br330ts a bc-346xt 1 icom r5 and last is a vr500...lol

Tracker

No. They make radios that scan.

Trade all your neat scanner features for RF performance. In return you'll get a nearly crunch-proof receiver, scan only 16 talk groups at a time, and the privilege of either buying expensive programming software, or knowing someone else who has. And you need to know what you're doing to keep out of trouble.

I better stick to my uniden, as I can barely get it programmed right

Status
Not open for further replies.