What can I get in Lemont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niabddow

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone, been researching and reading for a while, got a Whistler TRX-1, but I think I am going to switch to a Uniden SDS100. Signed up here and I found the frequencies listed for Lemont. I am still getting familiar with the terms, but what would be the best way to get Police and Fire at least out here? My head is spinnign at the moment trying to figure out where to start. I am hoping they aren't encrypted? Thanks.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Lemont PD is currently using analog frequencies of 476.7375 and 472.625 (you'll hear everything on either freq). But, they'll likely switch to the statewide P25 StarCom21 trunked system in the near future. Lemont Fire is on analog VHF freq of 155.385.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
they'll likely switch to the statewide P25 StarCom21 trunked system in the near future.
Also, in the event that Lemont PD switches to StarCom21, an SDS100 would be your best choice since it does a very good job handling simulcast, of which there's a lot of in the area. If you look in the StarCom21 database (STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies), there are some Talkgroups that Lemont PD has used, but I haven't heard any activity.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Last week Lamont used TG 3491 on Starcom T113 during the riots , They have four TGs to use, as long as there not Dispatched by Cook Co which is all ENC they should be in the clear

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Lemont PD is currently using analog frequencies of 476.7375 and 472.625 (you'll hear everything on either freq). But, they'll likely switch to the statewide P25 StarCom21 trunked system in the near future. Lemont Fire is on analog VHF freq of 155.385.
Last week Lamont used TG 3491 on Starcom T113 during the riots , They have four TGs to use, as long as there not Dispatched by Cook Co which is all ENC they should be in the clear

Net-9 has been very quiet over past few days. I know Countryside opted in to LTACC with no specific date set and they have an encrypted talkgroup in use. That would explain them, but haven't heard anything from Lemont.

I created a new Starcom system for Lemont, but only have range on Cook & DuPage sites from my current location. Can you confirm they are now using TGID 3491 on the Will/Grundy site or any of the other assigned talkgroups?

niabddow

Premium Subscriber
I actually picked up a little bit from Lemont on the first two frequencies, but not a lot. I am a total newbie to scanner, I have the Whistler TRX-1 but I am having a terrible time wrapping my head around how to add a talkgroup into it, if I can figure it out I will add 3491. Also think I should be adding in Wildcard talkgroups as well. Hoping the SDS clicks with me a little better.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Lemony is not real active as it's a small village , they still use UHF and some private use of TG 3491 especially during the protests

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Lemony is not real active as it's a small village , they still use UHF and some private use of TG 3491 especially during the protests

Since I posted, I added in the 472.625 frequency and heard some Lemont units only. I know they were patching 476.7375 when Countryside was active, but I think they are now being dispatched by LTACC on the encrypted talkgroup? I know they're much quieter than other departments I have scanning, but it did stop on there at times.

Hopefully when Southwest Central does migrate to Starcom, they won't flip that encryption switch too.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I created a new Starcom system for Lemont, but only have range on Cook & DuPage sites from my current location. Can you confirm they are now using TGID 3491 on the Will/Grundy site or any of the other assigned talkgroups?
Ron is correct. I went to OpenMHz and looked through their archives for calls from Site 1-002 and TG 3491 was active on June 7th, when you had all the chaos going on. No ENC, and was able to get some RIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.