What is IREACH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flydream777

I understand what ISPERN is, because I frequently hear ppl broadcasting on it. But what is IREACH? I almost never hear any activity in the Chicagoland area, except for maybe Kane or Kendall counties giving out an accident w/injuries, and asking for responding units to give an ETA... Couldn't they just do this on their own dispatch channels? (the only units that respond are their own...there's not a mutual aid thing)... So what exactly is the purpose of IREACH (155.055)?

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
It has different uses in different areas of the state, whether it be proper or not.

May be used as a "Landing Zone" radio channel for Helicopter EMS Operations.

May be used "city-to-city/county/state" mobile for mutual aid.

May be used in some areas just as a car-to-car (not proper)

Also can be used by Fire/EMS agencies to contact Police Departments or the local ISP District dispacher, if they monitor it in your area.

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
IREACH is the "chat" channel in Illinois...just about any PS discipline can use it for interagency contact.

R

Rayjk110

I've got that channel programmed in one of my VHF Spectras and hear quite a bit of activity, actually.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Basically, its what thousands of agencies could do rather than spending Mega-buck$$ for "Interoperable" radio systems. Illinois was way ahead of the curve with IREACH and ESMARN IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.