What scanner to replace my Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinnc

I want to buy a scanner that also does P25 phase 1 & 2, DRM. Programing is a big deal as I still have trouble programing the pro106, I don't want self programing scanner just one that is capable of being programed by senior citizen. Don't mind buying software and cable if it works, usually I can find a youtube video to spoon feed me through the process, so looking for mainly a base/mobile but would consider hand held, needs to be latest and greatest, don't want to upgrade it soon as I buy it.

DJ11DLN

If you don't have any LSM to contend with and want to stay with something at least vaguely familiar programming-wise, the TRX-1 would be my recommendation. But nothing on the market right now that will do all of those modes could exactly be called a clunker.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I went from RS197s to Uniden 996p2s andam78 years old and have pgmed them actually by hand for ME there easy but much different than 197, here in the Chicago area they perform great ,

N8IAA

I went from RS197s to Uniden 996p2s andam78 years old and have pgmed them actually by hand for ME there easy but much different than 197, here in the Chicago area they perform great ,

+1 on the 996P2. Unfortunately, you have to pay for the upgrade to DMR on this scanner.

When I do go up to NC, I use my WS-1088. I works great on the VIPER system and DMR.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
I want to buy a scanner that also does P25 phase 1 & 2, DRM. Programing is a big deal as I still have trouble programing the pro106, I don't want self programing scanner just one that is capable of being programed by senior citizen. Don't mind buying software and cable if it works, usually I can find a youtube video to spoon feed me through the process, so looking for mainly a base/mobile but would consider hand held, needs to be latest and greatest, don't want to upgrade it soon as I buy it.
Phase 2 is the limiting factor.

Phase II Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.