What way can I communicate with someone legally and without possibly getting in trouble?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Some companies, like I linked to above, use some mass server servers somewhere to fill this role. The end user just needs the walkie talkie and the data only sim card.
Which can be a problem when those companies disappear or change their marketing approach.

Example; I bought one of those all in one printers that "does everything" A few years later, HP disabled the Avery label printing service. Then some other features went away. Finally, they decided that it could not be a fax machine any longer.

Yup, it was the one feature other than printing and scanning, that I bought it for. eFax, the company hosting it, to their credit, did honor the life time 30 pages/month free service. However it no longer works seamlessly through the HP printer. I have to scan the documents manually to a file and attach them to a website. Yeah, "free" is not free in the "free world". That would be bad Commie Ju-Ju comrade.

wx2watch

Example; I bought one of those all in one printers that "does everything" A few years later, HP disabled the Avery label printing service. Then some other features went away. Finally, they decided that it could not be a fax machine any longer.

Kind of off-topic, but here goes: I'll never buy another HP printer because several years ago they sent out one of their "auto updates" that killed the use of non-HP printer cartridges on my HP all-in-one printer. This happened in my mid use of an off-brand (read much less expensive) cartridge. I thought there was a lawsuit about this monopolistic practice even further in the past but yet they continue to do so!
(Rant mode OFF)

RFI-EMI-GUY

Kind of off-topic, but here goes: I'll never buy another HP printer because several years ago they sent out one of their "auto updates" that killed the use of non-HP printer cartridges on my HP all-in-one printer. This happened in my mid use of an off-brand (read much less expensive) cartridge. I thought there was a lawsuit about this monopolistic practice even further in the past but yet they continue to do so!
(Rant mode OFF)
Don't get me going with Carley Fiorini and my HP (Test and Measurement co.) stock tanking.

10-43

Premium Subscriber
Don't get me going with Carley Fiorini and my HP (Test and Measurement co.) stock tanking.
Yeah, and Anne MulCahey killed Xerox. Those two ladies seemed to be out of their element with technology companies. I onboarded with Xerox as a systems analyst just in time for her to start reorganizing. Fortunately I got out before the big collapse when so much of Xerox shut down.

Ghostnotes

I see this a lot in my astrophotography forum. They don't know what they don't know......and that's fine. Something peaked their intrest and they went out and bought a $5000 mount and a $3000 optic.....and that's fine too. My answer to this is start where your intrest sent you. You ARE NOT going to find the answer you are looking for from them so to speak....especially at this stage. Broad questions regarding broad subject matters only lead to questions, not answers.

The example above was me, and me again here. Heck I have no idea of what 90% of the acronyms mean. And in some regards I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but I have a plan. It took me a good solid year before I was able to make all the equipment and software work together and produce my first good nebula photo.
In your case, if all these posts have not discouraged you, you have gotten past the first hurdle. Keep reading the posts. If something sounds interesting, study it outside of this forum (web searches...YouTube etc). In time things will start becoming clearer.

That's my $.02