• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Which BaoFeng is legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

KE0GXN

Never got a respone from BaoFeng.us, safe to say I am not going to even consider them anymore.

May have to hit Tech up with some hard questions too...

billy1962

Never got a respone from BaoFeng.us, safe to say I am not going to even consider them anymore.

May have to hit Tech up with some hard questions too...

Since baofengradio.us never replied - did you have an update if baofengtech.com replied?

KE0GXN

billy, I gave up going the BaoFeng route. Tech never followed up with me and to be honest, I was able to secure some OT opportunities at work which enabled me to decide on going with the Yaesu FT60R.

I have nothing against BaoFeng or their radios, However, the fact I was ultimately able to afford going with a more expensive radio
coupled with my personal needs and concerns, along with much research/conversations with HAMs online and offline, drew me to going with a more reliable and reputable manufacturer.

I will not be attempting to contact baofengtech.com any longer.

Last edited:

MrGClips

billy, I gave up going the BaoFeng route. Tech never followed up with me and to be honest, I was able to secure some OT opportunities at work which enabled me to decide on going with the Yaesu FT60R.

I have nothing against BaoFeng or their radios, However, the fact I was ultimately able to afford going with a more expensive radio
coupled with my personal needs and concerns, along with much research/conversations with HAMs online and offline, drew me to going with a more reliable and reputable manufacturer.

I will not be attempting to contact baofengtech.com any longer.

That Yaesu looks like a great radio! Can't blame you for getting fed up with the Bao guys, sometimes they can be extremely tiresome in their responses or lack of. Good luck!

KE0GXN

That Yaesu looks like a great radio! Can't blame you for getting fed up with the Bao guys, sometimes they can be extremely tiresome in their responses or lack of. Good luck!

Yeah, is what it is. I have not pulled the trigger yet, it will take some time for that OT money to get processed and paid, so I'll continue to do my due diligence and look around. But so far it looks like the FT60 may be it. We'll see.... ;)

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
You will be pleased with the FT-60. It is a quality radio with a vetted history. No, it is not an APX, but for what it is designed to be: a HAM radio, it is a pretty good one. Yaesu dropped the price over the years and now include a rapid desk charger and hi-cap NiMH battery.

Yaesu is also making most of their radios in Japan now. And unlike the sketchy PO Box fly by nights, they have US based support and warranty service in California. A real street address to. Nice people if you ever do have a problem.

You get what you pay for.

MrGClips

I agree and yes I am looking forward to getting it. :)

Now if I just get the FCC to assign me my call... ;)

Maybe Monday is the magic day for you. You've made it, earned it, waited enough, it's time to get it! :)
(... now, gimme my damn call sign already! :D )

Lawman51

Statebear, you might want to check while your at work, unless they have changed something they update the database at midnight each work day. So the one's they process on Monday will be active Tuesday morning at 0001, or close to that depending upon the size of the batch to process.

KD8DVR

Premium Subscriber
Statebear, you might want to check while your at work, unless they have changed something they update the database at midnight each work day. So the one's they process on Monday will be active Tuesday morning at 0001, or close to that depending upon the size of the batch to process.

For new or upgraded amateur licenses, they will be granted constantly through the day, during normal business hours. (exception is vanity calls) batches process as they are received. This is why those who test with Laurel and W5YI VE teams can sometimes have their calls before they even leave the room they took their test in.

During the overnight hours, other types of licenses will process and amateur vanity calls will be processed..

Vanity calls require an 18 day wait before the grant. This allows those who file by the "paper and mail" method to have their applications catch up with those who apply electronically.

Status
Not open for further replies.