Whistler 1095/1098 Programming Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister-w9zo

I don't know why I didn't spot this earlier.
When on the main menu on the radio- don't use the UP/Down keys to select different items.
When in the programming, turning the volume control will get you where you want - a LOT FASTER

Twister-w9zo

When backing up configuration to the SD card, I always had to remove the card, and plug it into the computer to do the backup.
If you TURN OFF the scanner and wait a few seconds, a window will appear mentioning a new drive number.
Set the BACKUP LOCATION to that number and you can then backup to the SD card in the scanner.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there any difference in receiver sensitivity between the 1095 or 1098? I'm leaning towards eventually replacing one or both of my 197's. Thanks. 73, n9zas

QDP2012

A link to this thread has been added to the WS1095 RR Wiki page, so more people can learn about this.

Thanks for sharing.

Twister-w9zo

I had backed up all of the files from the SD card to my computer.
When I had trouble, I would remove the card from the radio and put it into the card reader of the computer and then delete all of the files on the SD card.
Then i would copy from the computer to the SD card.
All of the scan lists that I had before worked, but I was having problems populating to a new list

Today, I finally remembered that copying files, will sometimes set the properties to READ ONLY

Going back into the SD card with Windows Explored, I reset all of the files in the folders to remove the read only designation.

Now all is working .

I haven't tried programming with the WEZ program yet today, but the manual programming works now

SCPD

QRT
I had backed up all of the files from the SD card to my computer.

If you want a backup .. just use the "Save Current Configuration to Archive" feature from the File menu on the software.

It will make you a .zip file for safe keeping. It will be date / time stamped for easy reference.

That works well, assuming that your scanner is programmed from the software.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
If you want a backup .. just use the "Save Current Configuration to Archive" feature from the File menu on the software.

It will make you a .zip file for safe keeping. It will be date / time stamped for easy reference.

That works well, assuming that your scanner is programmed from the software.

+1

I always do this before I make any changes on the SD Card. Mine are saved in Dropbox. Works very well.

Twister-w9zo

Thanks!
I never went into the File tab.
I prefer to actually program the scanner manually, but it looks like archive restore should work no matter what method was used.
I will wait until the time I run into trouble again, and give it a try to see if a restore will work for me - maybe not- but at least it gives me another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.