Whistler TRX 100 & TRX 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

This thread is quite tame compared to others.

Haven't been here as long as you but I've been here awhile and I respectfully disagree, but that's O/T.

Looking forward to the new scanners, waiting patiently...I like my Whistlers/GREs so far and I hope the trend continues.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
No "fanboy" here, but I use GPS because I travel a lot throughout the state I work in, and I don't want to have to keep locking out and locking in different areas I enter and depart from.

Incorrect assumption on your part, I program my scanners myself. I use the database here maybe 40% of the time, the rest is what I have from my own resources.
As do I. I use the database here maybe 0% of the time.

I also have no need for a GPS as I do not listen to the cops, fire or State Patrol. Thusly I find it amusing when the number one gripe about scanners here is the GPS feature.

CQ

trx200 Spy Shot

Now with less button mashing.

Attachments

• 1095.jpg
    1095.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,325

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Well, I personally could care less how many iterations of the STD100 (and all the bug fixes/paid upgrades/working batteries/decent antennas) they release. Fanboys that want a GPS scanner because they can't program beyond the RR database can keep their Unidens.

that's not necessarily true, and your comment is myopic, some of us want GPS scanner because we drive across the country and it only makes sense to use a GPS to control the radio, this is one reason I haven't bought a whistler, if they did add GPS then I might consider it

I sure hope the TRX-200 works better than the current TRX-2 that I have. Worst reception ever.

i paid like $500 for the TRX-2 sold my Pro-197 thinking it would do BETTER i was wrong in buying it think the BEST mobile scanner i had was the 2096 and Pro-96 Pocket Scanner glad i got the G5 works 100% for me.

mule1075

Feed Provider
That's what I love about RR forums...so much real information.

Your answers so far: One poster says no and one says yes

Now that nails it down [emoji38]
Well if you think about it they are both correct. Yes it is real because it shows a previous whistler scanner. And no it is not real because it is not a picture of the planned TRX-×00 series. [emoji38]

wbswetnam

That is the ws1095 it was whistlers base until they made ws1098 which lasted 4 months then they called it trx2. Yes its real

I have a Whistler WS-1095 which I use as a 'base' station in my office. For my immediate area, I only need FM, P25 and non-trunked DMR so this radio does fine. Also I don't have simulcast P25 in my area. I used it for a while in my car as a mobile unit until I replaced it with a Uniden BCD536HP with GPS mod, + DMR & NXDN upgrades.

So, yes, the WS-1095 exists, and works fine for mobile use if you only need FM, non-simulcast P25 and DMR, and you don't need to adjust its programming as you drive around.

Status
Not open for further replies.